Bro's Apple and Cherry Pork Roast(pr0n)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Okay brethren brothers and sisters, here is the evidence after asking and receiving advice on using apple and cherry wood for the first time.
I decided to start with the combo of apple chips plus cherry chips.
I used 1 part cherry to 2 parts apple because in my taste memory the cherry came out stronger.
Here is the pork early on, resting in the BSKeg and developing some juices, so I hit it with the cherry and apple chips, dry.
CherrryappleLoinstart.jpg

Kept a steady 300f for most of the cook, and had a loverly whitish blue smoke happening that you can just see,
CherryApplesmoke.jpg

Finally, I think all the fearful overcookers of pork need to look away now.
This is the finish shot, and look Ma, I am using the fastest thermapen in ze vold!
This is pork loin, and doesn't have a lot of gelatin to keep it moist so I get it out and rest it at this temperature.
This gives me a juicier tender finish and we are well past the temp that nasties can survive through
The hot finish gets me the crackling and bark that I am looking for here.
TFO smooched me so that means it was a success.
I loved the flavours and could clearly taste both the apple and the cherry.
Such strong motivation to use cherry and smoke a salmon, in my head it tastes sensational!
CherryandAppleloin-done.jpg

Thank you for the wisdom brothers!

62 C? Overcooked! Overcooked! I bet it climbed to 65!:becky:

Seriously though, that's a pretty roast!

62 C? Overcooked! Overcooked! I bet it climbed to 65!:becky:

Seriously though, that's a pretty roast!
Once it hits 58 it is there so you are dead right actually.:thumb:
The state I was in I was lucky to find the Keg, those Havana Club Especiales creep up on you when you pour 'em like TFO does!:icon_blush::heh:

It was soooo delicious, thanks Guerrey mate and all who advised!:-D

Once it hits 58 it is there so you are dead right actually.:thumb:
The state I was in I was lucky to find the Keg, those Havana Club Especiales creep up on you when you pour 'em like TFO does!:icon_blush::heh:

It was soooo delicious, thanks Guerrey mate and all who advised!:-D

I pull mine at 135 F which is almost 58 C. I've had the problem of finding the kettle myself under similar conditions.:roll::becky:

That motivation to smoke salmon with cherry? That's a good impulse - follow that - you'll be glad you did! I've been using Wampus' method with fantastic results.

Looks awesome! Any sliced shots? :hungry:

That motivation to smoke salmon with cherry? That's a good impulse - follow that - you'll be glad you did! I've been using Wampus' method with fantastic results.

Looks awesome! Any sliced shots? :hungry:

Thanks gtr, and no, too 'happy' but I will take some today if I remember and post 'em. Will be a bi drier after refrigeration but still verrrr naice.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
pretty roast there. i almost always use either cherry or apple wood with wehatever smoke i am doing. i like cherry, apple, and almond shells together. the smoke smells almost like a perfume, or in my case, a cologne

Looking great Bucc! Love trying out new smokes! Been stuck on lychee and almond for a while now! :becky:

Cheers

Okay brethren brothers and sisters, here is the evidence after asking and receiving advice on using apple and cherry wood for the first time.
I decided to start with the combo of apple chips plus cherry chips.
I used 1 part cherry to 2 parts apple because in my taste memory the cherry came out stronger.
Here is the pork early on, resting in the BSKeg and developing some juices, so I hit it with the cherry and apple chips, dry.
CherrryappleLoinstart.jpg

Kept a steady 300f for most of the cook, and had a loverly whitish blue smoke happening that you can just see,
CherryApplesmoke.jpg

Finally, I think all the fearful overcookers of pork need to look away now.
This is the finish shot, and look Ma, I am using the fastest thermapen in ze vold!
This is pork loin, and doesn't have a lot of gelatin to keep it moist so I get it out and rest it at this temperature.
This gives me a juicier tender finish and we are well past the temp that nasties can survive through
The hot finish gets me the crackling and bark that I am looking for here.
TFO smooched me so that means it was a success.
I loved the flavours and could clearly taste both the apple and the cherry.
Such strong motivation to use cherry and smoke a salmon, in my head it tastes sensational!
CherryandAppleloin-done.jpg

Thank you for the wisdom brothers!

Hey Buc,

Scared me for a minute. I thought you just seared the outside of it like a big steak.

Then I remembered, you guys don't know how do read temps.:doh:

Just kidding bud....the color on that baby is really gorgeous.

Back