State Fair Throwdown Brats...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I pretty much gave up on doing throwdowns, since the same people always win. But, the "Carnival Food" throwdown got me craving my favorite Stete Fair of Texas food, a bratwurst from the Hans Mueller tent.

Yeah, the corn dog was invented at the State Fair of Texas, but I don't like them that much, and how do you grill or smoke a righteous corn dog.

So, since I was cooking them anyway, I'll toss them in the throwdown, and watch the same people win again.

I couldn't get any Hans Mueller brats, so I got what was available.

I sweated some onions in a cast-iron DO, added the brats, and some Old Milwaukee beer (the beer I found through much testing to work best for this purpose).

I grilled my brats once they had simmered in beer and onions, and plopped them down on some fresh rolls from the local bakery, garnished with the onions, and some good German mustard, and took a few shots before eating two of these bad boys.

I could have easily eaten a third one, but gave it some thought, and decided it would not be a good idea.

So, now for some pr0n...

Attachments

• Brats001.jpg
    Brats001.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 145
  • Brats002.jpg
    Brats002.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Brats004.jpg
    Brats004.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Brats05.jpg
    Brats05.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 144
  • BratsFinal.jpg
    BratsFinal.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 145
i'd hit that brat and some black lager sounds great!!!!

have you tried the new Johnsonville Brat burgers? They have them at wally mart. They are a 1/d pound patty and grill real nice...

I would need to.

that would be two of each

Here in a little bit, I'm going to warm one up for lunch. It's been at least a year since I did my last proper brat cook.

CD

Isn't it funny how it's the cheap beer that's the best for grilling? I'm a dark beer guy myself, but I use budweiser for my brats, same way. Looks like a great meal!

Oooooooooo...beer brats. Saw these in the TD and just drooled. :thumb::thumb:

Those look really delicious, but I do question their authenticity. Real state-fair brats should be covered in cotton candy. :roll:

Back