Frog Legs

I like them fried but have wrapped them in bacon and smoked them before. They are easy to overcook on a smoker so the bacon helps keep them moist.

Cowgirl, as usual is spot on.
Fried is by far the best. Just treat as you would any other seafood type. Batter or bread and fry in deep fat.

In the smoker, they will dry out real fast, and absorb smoke quickly too. The bacon wrap is the best way to do them.

No hard and fast rules, but when I have done them in my smoker, along with gator tail, I usually manage to get them done in about 30-40 minutes at about 225 or so degrees, maybe a little hotter.

This works for me. I do use a spicy flour mix however. I got this from frogsvilleusa.com. It's good.
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica, ms sans serif][SIZE=-1]
  • 2 to 2 1/2 pounds small frog legs​
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice​
  • crushed ice​
  • 1/3 cup milk​
  • 2 eggs -- separated​
  • 2 teaspoons vegetable oil​
  • salt and pepper​
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour​
  • vegetable oil for deep frying​
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica, ms sans serif][SIZE=-1]Wash frog legs thoroughly. Place in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with crushed ice. Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks, and 2 teaspoons oil. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into milk and egg yolk mixture. Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper; dip each in milk-egg mixture, then dredge in flour. Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or skillet to 375°. Fry frog legs until golden brown. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Scampi them. Don't burn the garlic tho.

Scampi, huh?
Nice Idea. I never thought of that with frog legs. Sounds good.
Thanks.

You are right about the garlic.
I put whole peeled garlic cloves in a pan with either olive oil or butter and heat real low for a while, then remove from heat and let steep for a while, then take out the garlic and do the dish.
Then I add the garlic, or at least some of it, chopped and smashed, back in just before serving.

Cuisses de Grenoullles a la Dijonnaise

AKA Frog Legs in Mustard Sauce.

From my Cook Book, not smoked but delish!

• 2 lbs. frog legs or
chicken breast, if
using chicken
slice into long
slices to look like
a leg.
• 3 1/3 oz. of
ground nut oil,
(peanut maybe or
EVOO with some
sesame oil added)
• 3 1/2 oz. butter