On Vacation with Small BGE

Rib Fan

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Went up to Gowganda to the cabin. Took the small egg....just seat belt it in....good to go.

Simple cook first day....Octoberfest sausages.

img_0558.jpg

Some Scenary....

img_0555.jpg

img_0556.jpg

Second night was prime rib....275ish, cherry smoke, pulled at 132 internal and rested. This was a great cook.

img_0554.jpg

img_0561.jpg

img_0562.jpg

img_0563.jpg

img_0564.jpg

Should have taken pics of my other cooks while there....but adult beverage factor kicked in to much :)

Wayne

All looks great! Did you do any fishing while there? I see a boat.

That lake is full of pickeral (walleye), jacks (northern pike) and small mouth bass. We caught a bunch.....just catch and release. We brought our scatterguns up for partridge (ruffed grouse) but they are on the low end of their cycle up north and it appears there are more bears than partridge there now.

Wayne

man, that looks great! i had to google map Gowganda. what's up with the
Timiskaming, Unorganized, West Part, ON, Canada address?

those birch trees remind me of saranac lake, ny

man, that looks great! i had to google map Gowganda. what's up with the
Timiskaming, Unorganized, West Part, ON, Canada address?

those birch trees remind me of saranac lake, ny

Hey.....not quite sure what you mean by the "unorganized" part. But yes....northern Ontario. Figured if anyone wanted to know "google" is your best friend. If you were to jump in your car in NY....count on a 11+ hour drive one way. I live in Ontario...beautiful province. Also proud to be Canadian. Nothing unorganized in my thoughts. Just enjoying the near north.

Cheers,

Wayne

not my words, man. google added that to the address when i did the search.

looks like a great place and i want to go there!
i've been to Penetanguishene :biggrin:

Glad you didn't try and pass it off as camping. Top notch Brother.

I google earth'd that and it looks like an amazing area for fishing, hunting and not many neighbors!. 8 hours north of me! I only go as far as Manitoulin Island(providence Bay) You grill up an misquitos??

not my words, man. google added that to the address when i did the search.

looks like a great place and i want to go there!
i've been to Penetanguishene :biggrin:

Hey...my appologies...crazy web site :) My brother works in Penetang.....nice area....

thanks for your comments.

I google earth'd that and it looks like an amazing area for fishing, hunting and not many neighbors!. 8 hours north of me! I only go as far as Manitoulin Island(providence Bay) You grill up an misquitos??

It is a great area. Some hunting/fishing lodges on/near the lake. Lots of Americans up there hunting bear now. Personally I dont see the sport...bait...watch...shoot. But to each is own.
Brother...not a mosquito or black fly (way worse) to be seen for a week. But dont go up in June :)

Wayne

The scenery is great, the prime rib looks great but damn, catch and release my favorite fish in the entire world - walleye:sad: Catch 'em and keep 'em and send to me - I will pay for the dry ice and shipping.

Used to spend my summers on Georgian Bay for many years.

Back