Caravan Canopies?

B

BBQNUTT

Does anyone currently use or haved used in the past, a Caravan brand of canopy? I am looking at one at Costco which seems very well made but haven't really heard much about them other that the reviews on the costco site that all pretty much say the canopy is great but the roller bag sucks. :). I don't care about the bag so much, just looking for a new canopy for competitions that is not too expensive but reliable.

Yes I use them. They are the best! I just bought another from Costco last week! :-D

I have two. IMHO better than the EZ-Ups. Less expensive overall (parts, walls...etc).

The bags do suck though. But I believe most do.

That's what I have, and the bag is fine if you don't need zippers. I haven't used other brands, so I can't really compare. It has held up fine for almost 2 years now though. I think I paid $200 for the canopy and 4 walls.

I don't have one but I've seen Pat's several times and it looks well made. I have a Quik Shade brand that it built like a tank and their customer service is good. I had tied it to my truck at Shannon last year and forgot about it and backed the truck up and bent a leg. I sent them an e-mail asking about a replacement leg and I had a call from their parts dealer in about 30 minutes.

I have a feeling that this year I'm going to have to replace the one I have (I don't remember the make and/or model)... This may be the brand I go to...

Have 2, they work great. They are not real aero dynamic thought...

FlyingEZUp2.jpg

Last one did its Wizard of Oz impersonation, thought I was gonna have to shell out $220 for a new one. Drove down to La Mirada got the replacment parts, was back in business for less that $50 bucks...Nice when the main headquarters is only 25 miles away!

I have two as well, love them. If you buy more than one, invest in the "gutter" that goes between them. You will appreciate it if it rains.

I don't have one but I've seen Pat's several times and it looks well made. I have a Quik Shade brand that it built like a tank and their customer service is good. I had tied it to my truck at Shannon last year and forgot about it and backed the truck up and bent a leg. I sent them an e-mail asking about a replacement leg and I had a call from their parts dealer in about 30 minutes.

I "had" a Shade Tech by Quickshade. Must be their lower end model. Got it at Kmart, the one that closed last month:redface:. Left it up last night, it was raining pretty hard, it was tightly secured, but it must have sagged and held water. It was on the ground with a bent and broken frame this morning. Still secured to it's lashings. It looks kinda cool though, like some broken mechanical spider from a sci-fi movie. Think I'll try a Caravan.

The Caravan that costco sells in the store is different than the one they have online. The instor one is made from a much lighter weight material(i think its aluminum) that bend real easy especially in wind like we do get at contest grounds. For the same price with free shipping costco online sells the same model made with steel fram that is much heavier to carry but hold up much better http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11257490&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US&s=1

Crapshoot has one of each, aluminum and steel. My experience has been if it's windy enough to twist the aluminum one then it will twist the steel one just as easy. We've replaced bent struts on both. I'm glad to have the aluminum ones just for the weight factor.

Back