Winner of the "Peppers wrapped in Bacon" Throwdown is...

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
[size=+2]Rick's Tropical Delight!!![/size]

As winner of the BBQ Brethren "Beans" Throwdown, Rick receives....

1) The exclusive option to choose the next Throwdown category that will be held the week of 5/18 - 5/24.

2) The Official BBQ Brethren Throwdown Certificate!
Just PM me with the name you wish displayed on your certificate, the name you want your dish called, and the email address you want the certificate mailed to.

[size=+2]Rick makes his 5th appearance in the BBQ Brethren Throwdown Hall of Fame...[/size]

[size=+2]Week 31 - Peppers wrapped in Bacon - Rick's Tropical Delight[/size]
Ricks_Tropical_Delight.jpg

[size=+2]Week 30 - Beans - thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye.jpg

[size=+2]Week 29 - Steak - JD McGee[/size]
JD_McGee.jpg

[size=+2]Week 28 - Bologna - Pork Smoker[/size]
Pork_Smoker.jpg

[size=+2]Week 27 - Dry Rubbed - Ron L[/size]
Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]Week 26 - Duck - Rick's Tropical Delight[/size]

[size=+2]Week 25 - Brisket - Diva Q[/size]
Diva_Q.jpg

[size=+2]Week 24 - Ribs - Goose[/size]
Goose.jpg

[size=+2]Week 23 - Lamb - Nature Boy[/size]
Nature_Boy.jpg

[size=+2]Week 22 - Quesadillas - deez20[/size]
deez20.jpg

[size=+2]Week 21 - Pizza - fweck[/size]
fweck.jpg

[size=+2]Week 20 - Fish - Nature Boy[/size]
Nature_Boy.jpg

[size=+2]Week 19 - Fatties - SaucyWench[/size]
SaucyWench.jpg

[size=+2]Week 17 - Sauces, Mops & Glazes - Que-Dawg[/size]
que_dawg_01.jpg

[size=+2]Week 16 - Cheese - Rick's Tropical Delight[/size]
Ricks_Tropical_Delight-2.jpg

[size=+2]Week 15 - Kabob - thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye-4.jpg

[size=+2]Week 14 - Tubesteak - Brewmaster[/size]
Brewmaster.jpg

[size=+2]Week 13 - Potato - Skidder[/size]
Skidder.jpg

[size=+2]Week 12 - Burgers - Bowhntr[/size]
Bowhnter.jpg

[size=+2]Week 11 - Appetizers - thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye-3.jpg

[size=+2]Week 10 - Chicken Wings - Bacon[/size]
Bacon.jpg

[size=+2]Week 9 - Thanksgiving Leftovers - Rick's Tropical Delight[/size]
Ricks_Tropical_Delight-1.jpg

[size=+2]Week 8 - Ultimate - thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye-2.jpg

[size=+2]Week 7 - Veggies - thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye-1.jpg

[size=+2]Week 6 - Desserts - MayDay[/size]
MayDay.jpg

[size=+2]Week 5 - Breads - River City Smokehouse[/size]
River_City_Smokehouse-2.jpg

[size=+2]Week 4 - Seafood - River City Smokehouse[/size]
River_City_Smokehouse-1.jpg

[size=+2]Week 3 - Chicken - thirdeye[/size]
thirdeye.jpg

[size=+2]Week 2 - Pork - River City Smokehouse[/size]
River_City_Smokehouse.jpg

[size=+2]Week 1 - Beef - Rick's Tropical Delight[/size]

Third Eye and Rick should have a shoot out for the Grand Champion title.

Seems like they each have 3 or 4 skins on the wall.

I for one would like to see these fine boys go "mano a mano" in a winner take all shootout.

Hmm....We could do that. Or maybe even do a Champions Throwdown open to only those who have won a Throwdown before.

Anyone from these parties interested?

Third Eye and Rick should have a shoot out for the Grand Champion title.

Seems like they each have 3 or 4 skins on the wall.

I for one would like to see these fine boys go "mano a mano" in a winner take all shootout.

That might be a little too tight of a competition......Rick is always capable of coming up with a strong entry. My good photo's just sort of happen. If you look back, all but one of my wins were in the first half of the throwdowns and three were in the first 8 weeks. There was some good timing and a little luck involved there. What has happened after the first few weeks is that a lot of folks have sharpened their skills, and more and more folks are entering, which means past performance is not that big of an indicator. Now, after 30 weeks you just never know who is going to make a good showing.

Hmm....We could do that. Or maybe even do a Champions Throwdown open to only those who have won a Throwdown before.

Anyone from these parties interested?

I'm not sure about the rest of the winners, but I feel that some of the things that makes this a fun contest are not knowing who might pop in, or skip one, and never knowing when someone will just have a real good picture that week.

That might be a little too tight of a competition......Rick is always capable of coming up with a strong entry. My good photo's just sort of happen. If you look back, all but one of my wins were in the first half of the throwdowns and three were in the first 8 weeks. There was some good timing and a little luck involved there. What has happened after the first few weeks is that a lot of folks have sharpened their skills, and more and more folks are entering, which means past performance is not that big of an indicator. Now, after 30 weeks you just never know who is going to make a good showing.

I'm not sure about the rest of the winners, but I feel that some of the things that makes this a fun contest are not knowing who might pop in, or skip one, and never knowing when someone will just have a real good picture that week.

Third Eye: dont play possum on us! I wasnt trying to blow smoke up your skirt, you and Rick seem to be mighty strong outdoor cooks. Sometimes it is fun to stand back and watch while two guys duke it out.

when it becomes more than it should be, it isn't fun any more.
at least for me.

anyway, we wouldn't have those ribs from germany this week if the throwdown wasn't full and open. and that would have been a shame

Rick and thirdeye have spoken, so a smackdown between those two is definitely out. If in the future I get enough past champions expressing interest, I will open up a championship throwdown thread for them to duke it out.

Now, to change the subject, what are we cooking next week Rick?:biggrin:

in honor of memorial day, nothing starts off the summer season like a good old fashioned CHICKEN bbq! :biggrin:

chicken_polka.gif

This is gonna be another good one I think!:biggrin: Lots of possibilities there...

Back