Stuffing Recipes

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to be smoking some sausages (most likely garlic).

I want to use them in a stuffing for Thanksgiving. I'm thinking of a jalepeno corn bread stuffing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric

I don't know any good recipes for jalepeno corn bread stuffing, but here's what I like best... and maybe you can adapt and add some jalepenos etc.

sautee ground pork (Jones brand is my choice)
drain most of the fat when brown
sautee onions, celery and chopped mushrooms
scramble some eggs
mix all of the above with stuffing of choice (ex. Peppridge Farms in a bag or homemade). Add water as needed for stuffing.

Bake in oven 30 minutes uncovered at 325-350 deg.

My family likes my cornbread stuffing. Here's how I do mine.
Cook 1-2 pounds sage sausage, drain
saute onion, celery, peppers and fine chopped carrot
1/2-1 bag fresh cranberries, coarse chop or just in half
combine with crumbled corn bread and chicken broth for moisture

Would probably be real good with the jalapeno cornbread.

Mike

Vinnie: Did you mean to beat some eggs?

Mike: How much cornbread do you use?

Thanks guys! I may do a dry run prior to Thanksgiving. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Eric

I generally use a whole bag of the packaged cornbread stuffing. This year I am going to make my own cornbread and cube it and then toast it. When I used a whole bag last year it filled a 9x9 and a 6x6 casserole 2-3 inches deep. I don't bother stuffing the bird since we only do a turkey breast.

Mike

There is a pretty neat apple/cornbread recipe on Food TV that I am going to try this year. Im thinking I may throw in a can of apple sauce in it too just for the hell of it... I thinnk that will definately keep it moist.

Eric,
I make my sausage cornbread stuffing ass follows:
1 to 1/2 lbs sweet italian sausage meat, cooked
2 large onions chopped and sauteed
4 stalks celery chopped and sauteed
3 carrots chopped or shredded sauteed
when all is sauteed in olive oil. add cooked sausage. I bag or 2 of cornbread stuffing. Add some poultry seasoning, add chicken broth till moist. Come out great

Back