Weber chimney starter

S

Smoker

Who's got the best price online or in the NY Long Island area for the Weber chimney starter? SPorts Authority has them for $9.99 and shipping adds another 8.50

11.99 on Amazon. I think shipping is free if you have a $25 total order.

Great I'll buy 2 and still be a day late and a dollar short to get free shipping.Hmmmmmm

Home Depot, no shipping

Get there now.

LI is like here, end of summer sales,

Check the hickory chunk bags and charcoal.

Ask for manager.

18# (?) bags of hickory chunks for $11. Tell manager you'll buy 6 bags at $9, see if he bites.

I bought half a pallet 2 years ago for half price, cuz he was jones'ing for space in October to put his snow plows in.

willkat98 said:
Home Depot, no shipping

Get there now.

LI is like here, end of summer sales,

Check the hickory chunk bags and charcoal.

Ask for manager.

18# (?) bags of hickory chunks for $11. Tell manager you'll buy 6 bags at $9, see if he bites.

I bought half a pallet 2 years ago for half price, cuz he was jones'ing for space in October to put his snow plows in.

I have never seen the chimney starters at Home Depot. I also never knew you could haggle with them. I could try that....Thanks

If you're interested, Lowes has the no-name chimney starter for $6.95 again. Ive got one and it works fine. Gonna get a 2nd one.

No-names work great unless you use your turkey fryer to light them -- last about 3 cooks! :D

I got mine from Amazon when I ordered the WSM - price was good especially with free shipping - even gave one to Tim for Christmas!! :D

Actually, if you're doing Minion method with 12-15 briquettes, the non-names work better since they are smaller.

I got my last one from Sears. Online price....12.99.....in store price.....15.99. Asked the cashier if he could adjust price.....nope. Seems this happens a lot. Went as far as to ask him if he had a computer so I could show him. He didn't have a pc available. Was going to call the wife and ask her to order it online from that store and I'd just pick it up but cell phone was dead and since it was a long distance call, I didn't figure the guy would let me use his phone. Was going to come back and get it later but that's when gas was outragous and it was the Friday afternoon before Labor Day weekend and I needed it for the weekend cook. Cost me $3 more but lesson learned.

Smoker said:
Great I'll buy 2 and still be a day late and a dollar short to get free shipping.Hmmmmmm

Ahhhhh . . . you can always find $25.00 worth of stuff on Amazon that you need. Well, I can, anyway. Actually, the wife doesn't always agree . . . Hmmm. . .

I used a no name chimney for years. Didn't want to get the Webber because I thought it was too big and expensive (by comparison). After it rusted out I finely broke down and bought the Webber. There is no comparison. I wouldn't trade it for a dozen of the others. If this one ever craps out there is no question in my mind that I will buy another one just like it what ever the price.

I gots both, and the no name at Lowes is different than the earier moded. Much more beefy.
Noah

Hoorenga said:
I used a no name chimney for years. Didn't want to get the Webber because I thought it was too big and expensive (by comparison). After it rusted out I finely broke down and bought the Webber. There is no comparison. I wouldn't trade it for a dozen of the others. If this one ever craps out there is no question in my mind that I will buy another one just like it what ever the price.

Got to agree with brother Hoo here. Felt like a big shooter while at Home Depot yesterday and sprung for the Weber. $12.99. Used it last night. I always light mine on the sidecar of the gas grill (learned that one from Bill and Greg at another forum). The welded wire bottom has much better airflow than the punched sheet metal of the counterfeits I have. Lights the coals in half the time.

OT: They had the 22" weber silver for $85.00, since I haven't done anything to agravate the OL for awhile, I may go back today and pick one up. Never had a Kettle.

Kevin said:
OT: They had the 22" weber silver for $85.00, since I haven't done anything to agravate the OL for awhile, I may go back today and pick one up. Never had a Kettle.

It's worth the beating you are going to get.

brdbbq said:
It's worth the beating you are going to get.
I second my toothless brother. Just make sure that you get a couple of steaks to put on that bad boy. It will ease your pain. If you buy it...

Got a cover for my last week it came with the Dutch Oven go figure that one out :shock:

Kevin said:

You are sooooo gonna love that kettle. will make a steak jump up and dance it will be so happy to get on the kettle.

Can someone post the SKU # for the Weber. My Home Depots only carry CrapBroil ones. Going to get them to do some leg work for me.

Ty

Sears has the new webers for 15.99 in the stores and 12.99 over the net. I ordered it over the net and I will pick it up at the store.

Back