kcbs bod meeting

I guess the British BBQ Society isnt part of the International Initiative? :becky:
I look forward to hearing the meeting.

BOARD AGENDA - SPECIAL MEETING November 20, 2011

November 29, 2011

Following is the agenda for a special meeting of the Board of Directors to be held on Wednesday, November 30, 2011 beginning at 7:00 central time.

KANSAS CITY BARBEQUE SOCIETY

Board of Directors Special Meeting

November 30, 2011

AGENDA

1. Potential rule 2 violation

2. International Initiative concerns

3. Clarification of board member meeting reimbursement -- date to start

4. Cease and desist letter to British BBQ Society

5. Garry Howard proposal (tentative)

6. ToY registry of head cooks

7. Christmas holiday topics regarding staff, dinner and KC meeting

8. Approval of first three Sam's Club Series contests

LOL Scottie

They are probably using rules that are deemed to be (by KCBS) too similar to the KCBS rules.

They've sent out a number of cease and desist letters in the past.

Eric

Does #8 mean that SAMs club is having a competition next year.

The agenda seems a little light to me :) It would be nice to know a little more about some of these issues. I just signed up to listen for the first time. Should be fun!

Nothing like promoting BBQ with Cease and Desist. Seems to me these Cease and desist letters are in direct contradiction of their published charter.

unless of course you pay them for it.........then its ok.

Sorry.. just my view of the bridge..YMMV.

Intellectual property is really strange stuff legally - it makes you do things you wouldn't ordinarily consider. For example, if five years from now another organization were to crop up in the USA using the KCBS scoring system, part of their legal defense could be to show that others used the proprietary material in the past and since KCBS failed to enforce their rights that they forfeited them.

Because of this, owners of copyrights, trademarks, etc. usually retain attorneys who specialize in this area, and send out lots of C&D letters basically as a CYA measure. At least that's how I understand it, anyway. I'm not a lawyer, so standard disclaimer applies.

Rule number two is the old "one team cooking two contests on one day" rule. I have no idea who it was. I imagine that will be closed session? Maybe not. I have requested to listen in as well. I wonder if they've gathered that the membership is not happy with the way they've made decisions on the international initiative and are going to reconsider? One would like to think they've listened!

Back