MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #76
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Great looking chops, Guerry. Couldn't help but notice there are bones and no warning labels. I sure hope you didn't poke an eye out with those things.
Here, chew on this for a while.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 09-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #77
deguerre

Oh, didn't see them before I posted this morning but Oldyote, Jmellor and John, great entries guys. That ceramic head on the chicken caused a coffee induced keyboard failure this morning John.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #78
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Here, chew on this for a while.

CD
Ooooo, finally a new flavor!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #79
deguerre

Default I actually found a relatively in-focus pic!

Well, OK, Redhot did. She went into the uploads from this morning and found this:

Which I'd like to use for the Vote thread Chris.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 09-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #80
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Well it was a better pic at least, not sure how he missed it this morning but still does not do the actual chops justice! But the only other in focus pic was this...

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #81
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

Default Steak Dinner

Not a great photograph, but here is my dinner from tonight, flank steak, baked potato, asparagus, corn on the cob, and some french bread. Everything cooked on the smokey joe except the bread which I did in the oven.

DSC02831.jpg

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #82
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Very nice! I'm really liking that asparagus on the steak.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #83
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhot View Post
Well it was a better pic at least, not sure how he missed it this morning but still does not do the actual chops justice! But the only other in focus pic was this...

If that is in focus, you are stoned.

Maybe I should do my pork chop redo. I could beat Guerry's just by focusing the camera.

CD
Old 09-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #84
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
If that is in focus, you are stoned.

CD
I think that was a special rule.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:14 PM   #85
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyote View Post
I think that was a special rule.
I'm okay with that one.

CD
Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #86
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

Default Mini Steak Dinner

Okay, so here is my official thread, just wanted to have a little fun first. I haven't entered one of these in a while, and my wife is out of town, so what better time to have a little fun with my little girl and my little grill?

Here is the "flank steak" seasoned with a little salt and pepper and some brisket rub.

DSC02809.jpg

I put the potatos on first since they take a little while to cook all the way through.

DSC02817.jpg

I eventually put everything on there and had a nice full grill.

DSC02819.jpg

Once everything was done, I found the biggest beer I've ever seen and had a nice little meal.

DSC02835.jpg

I think she was confused at first about the size of her plate

DSC02836.jpg

but the promise of ice cream usually brings an easy smile to her face

DSC02837.jpg

So here are the actual ingredients of my "mini" steak dinner.

DSC02798.jpg

And a couple pictures of the whole thing up close

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

I'm sure some of you guys with a little more patience and a lot more photography skills could've done a better job with this, but we had fun anyway. Thanks for looking.

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #87
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Very nice. Your entry makes much more sense now.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 AM   #88
Phubar

Here's my entry....

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 AM   #89
Gore
Phizzy

My, oh, my!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #90
deguerre

Nice one Wrench! A mini dinner from a mini grill. At least your pics are in focus!

Unlike mine, Chris' and half of Phubars...

And as to your dish Phu, any leftovers for me?