• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

A couple prime ribeyes

kyle corn

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I just heard about a butcher shop called The Corner Butcher Shop in La Verne, Ca (http://cornerbutchershop.com) and decided to swing by there today. It's a very nice shop that sells upper choice and prime cuts and even has a cafe where they sell BBQ (which I didn't get a chance to sample). While there I picked up a couple USDA Prime ribeyes and some very nice looking pork chops that I plan on cooking tomorrow.

My dad seasoned up the ribeyes with EVOO, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. He also seasoned up a couple filet mignons that we had in the freezer for my mom and my sister. I got the kamado roaring at around 750* dome and threw them on. They seared for 90 seconds on each side with the lid up, then I closed the vents most of the way, closed the lid and cooked for another couple minutes. They came out pretty good. This was my first time doing steaks on my new kamado (Comet Kamado- BGE knockoff) and while I'm happy with the results, I still have a lot to learn about temp control on this thing.

It was still one of the best steaks I've ever cooked. I only have a couple cell phone shots as I was very anxious to dig in.

Attachments

• IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 213
Man, that looks like it was perfect. Excellent raw material as well.

It's midnight and I wanta fire up the cooker up.. That's looks great!!

Makes me wish the BBQ fairy would turn the burgers I have going on later today into ribeyes (I'd settle for Strips)

Thanks everyone, it was a delicious dinner and my dad was more than pleased as well.

Hey I'm not supposed to be hungry right now! Those look like you couldn't get them anymore perfect. Nice Job!

Back