N Texas / S Oklahoma Bash

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
After reading the S Cal Bash thread I'm thinking we need to do a N Tx /S Ok Bash at reserved Pavillion at a Lake Park ! What say y'all. . :wink: May be under burn ban everywhere tho...... Maybe if everyone had lil fire ext like Comps require ???

Interested depending on location and timing...

Smitty, gonna ask a mod to move this to the Brethren Bashes section. Q-talk is so busy this thread would get lost in here pretty quickly.

Smitty, peeps & billy, i'm glad to see y'all's interest in this. Definitely need to have a get-together.

There was a thread started in 2004 about "the Texas Mega-Bash" that y'all might find interesting.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8691

We've had several get-togethers at various BBQ joints but have never managed to pull off a big bash, much to the amusement of The Brethren.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Dang, that's a long thread. Worse comes to worse, we could just go take over Hutchins for a while. :wink:

As in work the pits? :)

Not likely. Just the one place that can fit plenty of people, serve quality food and be close enough for OK folks to travel to. That being said, if anyone might let us "make ourselves welcome," it would be Tim [Hutchins].

Not likely. Just the one place that can fit plenty of people, serve quality food and be close enough for OK folks to travel to. That being said, if anyone might let us "make ourselves welcome," it would be Tim [Hutchins].
Been a LONG time since I have been there. My first job out of college was in McK for a year or so and we would go there every couple months. That was 2001.

Years later, my wife worked in McK for 5 years (2007-2012) and the few times I met her for lunch she never wanted to go :( Crazy girl! ;)

Been a LONG time since I have been there. My first job out of college was in McK for a year or so and we would go there every couple months. That was 2001.

Years later, my wife worked in McK for 5 years (2007-2012) and the few times I met her for lunch she never wanted to go :( Crazy girl! ;)

They have really stepped their game up IMO. The Texas Monthly Top 50 was well deserved.

They have really stepped their game up IMO. The Texas Monthly Top 50 was well deserved.
Good to hear...will have to try them out again next time I am on that side of "town". ;)

Crazy that the Texas guys have never had a bash in almost 10 years.

I would offer to help plan, but I'm just off 6 months of planning for an annual regional car meet and my head needs a break ;)

If we are going to do a real Bash, we need to actually do the cooking. We've met for lunch at BBQ joints before, but that is not really a Brethren Bash.

I went to the SoCal Bas this past weekend, and it was a blast. I'm game for doing one here. We just need a place, a date, and some cookers. The weather is getting comfortable, but that only lasts about a month. We should have started planing a couple months ago.

So, we can try to pull something together quickly for the October/November, or start making plans for a Spring Bash.

I'm gone the weekend of October 26, but should be good for most other weekends.

CD

If we are going to do a real Bash, we need to actually do the cooking. We've met for lunch at BBQ joints before, but that is not really a Brethren Bash.

I went to the SoCal Bas this past weekend, and it was a blast. I'm game for doing one here. We just need a place, a date, and some cookers. The weather is getting comfortable, but that only lasts about a month. We should have started planing a couple months ago.

So, we can try to pull something together quickly for the October/November, or start making plans for a Spring Bash.

I'm gone the weekend of October 26, but should be good for most other weekends.

CD
I'm gone that weekend as well and TX/OU weekend is out.

I want to cook for this thing (will be on my mini WSM for anything I cook live)...with the goal of picking up some tips from you farkers!

I added a link in my sig so maybe the folks that only visit Q-talk can be made aware. I suggest other interested folks do the same.

I can't use phone making calls during work hrs ( I can sneak texts and few posts at times) so it's hard to call the Park offices - a lot of Parks say only fires/burns in their provided fire rings or Permanent Grills and some areas are still in Burn Bans but reserving Pavillion and if we brought fire extinguishers like comps it may be allowed. I'll try to call on lunch hours - anyone else feel free to make some calls and share Info -- I'm up for chipping in on fees if they are reasonable. Even if we only had 6-8-10 Brethren plus few family members I think it'd be fun and if it goes well it could grow. I'd say any of the North Tx lakes would work??

Last edited:
Back