7lbs of Fresh mushrooms. Recipe suggestions

sigpi906

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I got 7lbs of fresh white mushrooms from a buddy (restaurant grade)Give me some ideas. I'm not sure I can preserve these. What'cha got?

Smoked sausage stuffed mushrooms...may not want to smoke the mushrooms as they soak up smoke like a sponge

Par cook some thin sliced bacon in the microwave and then wrap around whole mushrooms. Cook indirect until the bacon is crisp. Serve with BBQ sauce for dipping.

If you just want to keep em you can slice em and cook em off in a little butter or olive oil, salt and pepper. Separate them into smaller containers and freeze them. Pull some out whenever you need some shrooms.

This is very good and they keep well in frig.
Appetizer, Mushrooms, Marinated
INGREDIENTS:
2 Lbs. Mushrooms, Fresh
1/2 Cup Onion, Chopped
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1/4 Cup Parsley, Chopped
2 Leaves Bay
1/8 Tsp. Pepper, Ground
Salt To Taste
1/4 Tsp. Tarragon
1 Cup Vinegar, White
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
Procedure:
1. Trim ends of mushroom stems and wipe mushrooms clean with a damp towel. Combine mushrooms in a large heavy sauce pan with onions, garlic, parsely, bay leaves,pepper, salt to taste, tarragon, white wine, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice and bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes, or until tender, stirring several times. Cool and refrigerate. Served drained
Recipe Type: Appetizer, Vegetarian
Source
Source: Richard Howe

Take come cilantro and some cheese and some S&P and mix it together with all 7lbs and than throw the whole thing in the garbage, mushrooms are gross.

If you have some left over and what to put them in a supporting role, you can use them to make a mushroom gravy then put it together with some smoked pulled beef or short ribs. Here is the recipe I use:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chef-johns-mushroom-gravy/

It is an easy recipe and a little goes a long ways when you add meat.

IMAG1254_zps0c38ebfb.jpg

Awesome. All good stuff here. I'm gonna try that Pizza tonight or tomorrow. Not sure I have 4 hours for the dough to rise. I'm gonna save that Pioneer Woman recipe for sunday apps. I'm not sure what to do about the gravy... I do have some pulled pork in the fridge needing to be eaten....

Stuffed, brown some Italian sausage, cook some spinach and garlic in the rendered fat, cool both, combine. Add ricotta and parmesan cheeses, salt, pepper and a little Italian seasoning. Stuff into caps and bake/grill until brown...

Jeff

Just watching this episode...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rjHYPSg1q0"]Good Eats S02E13 The Fungal Gourmet - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe you'll get some additional ideas there.

Back