• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rate these Boxes (Old School)

Donnie let me know when you want to cook on this one. We can do a fund raiser, for the Texas Elks Childrens Camp.

Attachments

• Old Brick Pit.jpg
    Old Brick Pit.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 77
Donnie let me know when you want to cook on this one. We can do a fund raiser, for the Texas Elks Childrens Camp.

Son of a Bitch! Any day and hour any thing!! My God!

Where is this?

I am about to cry... though it needs some care.

i have to say something about this elks thing. I ahve seen a lot of elks lodges, vfw's, and orgs and Lions org that once were backbones of the community go to the way side as membership lowered.

I would like sincerely to revive this kind of community stuff, get some money flowing in, search for grants or create a niche of grants to revive these types of pits and purposes and get more of these 35-55 members flowing back in.

I have ideas.... I have seen our lions club here dwindle to nothing. Maybe when some of these wonderful soldiers start coming back home we can revive the energy that the men of the Elks and Lions had back in the day. They may still be around, my theory is the diet has changed.

The pit is at the Elks lodge in Galveston, fun to cook on. We are doing chicken and sausage dinners for Labor Day. Lets try to set up a rib dinner sometime after that. This camp is for kids with special needs, 50 kids a week for 6 weeks each summer.

Attachments

• Chick Dinner.jpg
    Chick Dinner.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 70
I'd hit that for sure! Just need some onion slices and saltines.

I remember a plant trip I took to Bryan back about 12 or 13 yrs ago. We went to a BBQ joint there (either in Bryan or College Station) and they had this special where they would cover the table with butcher paper and just throw out pounds of sausages and brisket and such. Those days were Pre-Que for me, so I really don't remember the name of the place (could be becuase I drank it outta my head that night) but it rekindled my BBQ spark. Good Times indeed!

I will reconstruct this for ole Popdaddy then. I am surprised it is not a thread about the kind of box you can eat.... nevermind

:grin:This post is for entertainment, of course. Behind the pictures is a point, which is pointless to point out. Get my point?

Rate these "Old School" Turn In Boxes.

353209570_b19d563ecb.jpg

TRUE Burnt Ends

mini_6018.jpg

Sausage

59c11f30d3fab49702599cb4b7081d41.jpg

Loin,
smittysprimerib.jpg

Prime Rib
Lockhart-605x403.jpg

Really.... just a big assed pile of meat

Maybe Mista and third eye will get my point.:grin:

Big ass pile of MEAT..........:shock: bread, buttah, mustard, beer, more bread, bacon, more buttah:shock:

FUnny! On our menu we actually have an item called a B.A.P.O.M (Big Ass Pile Of Meat). Whenever someone is reading our menu, they always start laughing when they see it.

Back