Much needed spares with pron

campdude

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The last couple of months have been kind of hectic. Work has been busy, my wife has been sick, the holidays, ect., ect. I haven't even had the cover of the Bandera off since the beginning of October.:sad: I had the good fortune of being invited to gtr's pig smoke last weekend and realized how much I was missing BBQ. I pulled some spares out of the freezer and trimmed them up and rubbed them with some Tasty Licks Ribit Rib Rub. Put them in at 290* and let them smoke for about 2 1/2 hours. They had nice color and I needed to move them along, so I wrapped in foil with some brown sugar and more rub. An hour later I pulled them off. Sorry no plate pics. The wife and I were to hungry! Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
That is one great looking cook, great job! :hungry:

Bob

Those look fantastic! Where'd you get the racks? I've been finding some skinny stuff around here - those look nice 'n meaty, not to mention beautifully cooked. :thumb:

And...since October? Good Gawd man! Get cooking!

btw pork+your salsa=farking delicious. :thumb:

Those look fantastic! Where'd you get the racks? I've been finding some skinny stuff around here - those look nice 'n meaty, not to mention beautifully cooked. :thumb:

And...since October? Good Gawd man! Get cooking!

btw pork+your salsa=farking delicious. :thumb:
Those were from Stater Bro's. I'll pick up a couple of cryo packs whenever they're on sale. The guys behind the meat counter know me and take care of me. I don't think I've ever gone this long without Q'ing. I really needed some smoke. Your pig last week had me thinking about it all week. Glad you enjoyed the salsa:grin:.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
MAN!...don't you love those StLouie's.......Most folks around here like the Baby's but as far as cooking AND EATING...i prefer the big brother's....EXCELLENT JOB DUDE!!!

Those look great and congrats on finding the time to cook. I can appreciate the time factor as I have been in the same boat myself.

Those look so good it made my mouth literally water :p! Is there a post somewhere on here about the proper technique to trim up spares? I have a pork shoulder on today and now want to plan some ribs for next weekend

wow!!! that really is a nice looking rack, nice and thick. looks like you cooked it to perfection!!

Back