MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 08-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #241
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
Yes...seriously considering it...
Where the he** is Belton, TX??

Answer: Between Waco & Austin -South of Dallas

Old 08-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #242
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Dennis

Yep that is correct.

Some are hitting a few of the restaurants in the area a day or so before but I can't make it there that soon. Vacation time is wiped out. Seriously love for you to make it. Hotels are near by.
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8[/URL]
Blythewood BBQ'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 08-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #243
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
I will really start to plan the beginning of October for number of Friday night attendees! I will call HEB plus two weeks out to order rib roasts for dinner!
Friday night rib roasts? Damn, I need to figure out my schedule. What time do things wind down on Saturday? Any Sunday activities?

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #244
LYU370

Quote:
Fly into Austin. About an hour drive north.

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
Old 08-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #245
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Friday night rib roasts? Damn, I need to figure out my schedule. What time do things wind down on Saturday? Any Sunday activities?
The sign up sheet says breakfast, lunch, and dinner so probably go till dark. I have to hit the road early Sunday morning so I will very sadly head back to the travel trailer around 5 pm Saturday to start breaking stuff down so I can leave out early Sunday morning.
BUBBA GRILLS 250r, CharGriller Akorn, 1.5 uds, 28in Blackstone, Blackstone Tailgater, Weber Mastertouch Slate Blue, Weber Copper Performer Premium, Weber 26er, Weber Jumbo Joe, and a set of Octoforks!

GOOD FOOD GOOD TIMES AND GOOD FRIENDS CAN BE FOUND HERE!! THE BBQ BRETHREN BASHES!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:29 PM   #246
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blythewood BBQ'er View Post
Some are hitting a few of the restaurants in the area a day or so before but I can't make it there that soon.
Who's coming down when? I was planning on flying in Friday and staying part of the following week. Are folks coming in earlier? Would love to hit some que joints with some fellow Brethren. I might need to change my vacation time.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:54 PM   #247
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
I was born and raised there. I get this question all the time.
Answer... the best place to hold a bash. Really hope you can make it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #248
wihint
is One Chatty Farker

We are planning to make a trip of it to hit some of the places in the Austin/Lockhart area. I am not sure of the dates but we will try atleast a few days (4-5) down there.

Weber 22, Weber 22 OTG, Weber 16 and Kamado
wihint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #249
LYU370

Let me know. That's my plan as well.

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #250
SmittyJonz

This thing Still Happening.? I'm a try to make it then......... I wont know till last minute if I can come down Fri. morning for hitting Q joints.......
Any camp sites left?

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 08-12-2018 at 10:09 PM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 04:58 AM   #251
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
This thing Still Happening.? I'm a try to make it then......... I wont know till last minute if I can come down Fri. morning for hitting Q joints.......
Any camp sites left?
Check it out!

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/l...O&parkId=71264

The Texas BBQ Brethren Bash is Changing in 2025
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #252
Blythewood BBQ'er
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Who's coming down when? I was planning on flying in Friday and staying part of the following week. Are folks coming in earlier? Would love to hit some que joints with some fellow Brethren. I might need to change my vacation time.
Me the wifey and Gretta are planning to arrive Thursday afternoon/early evening. Will probably just concentrate on tt setup and finding some fast food and beer drinking to wash the road grime out of my mouth. Planning on hitting HEB Friday morning for the rib roasts and various sundries.

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-14-2018, 03:20 AM   #253
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Thinking about logistics (may have missed this, or forgotten it), planning my trip and, hoping things don't change at work:

The bash is in the "Frank's Pavillion" area isn't it? Does the Texas Parks annual pass cover this area or is it a Core of Engineers area covered by its pass or the National Parks pass? Temple isn't too far away with bad traffic, is it?

Any other extraneous issues or concerns like road construction or Football games to consider?

TIA,
Sid
Old 08-14-2018, 06:50 AM   #254
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

No park entry fees. Construction between Troy and Temple should be just 10 minutes slower unless there's an accident. Plenty of back roads west of i-35 hit 317 and will take you almost directly to the bash. There's 2 parks around Frank's, which they renamed Dead Fish, we'll be at the one right next to the damn. Only us locals remember it being Frank's. Have you been there in the past?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #255
BeardedBassGuy
Full Fledged Farker

Still planning on being there. Got a friend coming too. Wife and kid MIGHT be there, but I think they are going to go down to Austin and hang out instead.

Friend wants me to bring Beef ribs, so I might be bringing a few racks of short chuck ribs.