My cleaned up NB CL score from last week! (w/pron)

UNTSIG

Knows what a fatty is.
I spent a few hours on Sunday afternoon sanding down the old NB offset I picked up last week and then repainted it. Once done, I fired it up to play with the temp ranges and control for a few hours before cooking on it next Saturday. It seems to settle in nicely in the 225-250 range. I can't wait to cook on it.

Before:

Before.jpg

After:

After.jpg

I'm going to replace all the wood on it too, but I didn't have the time yesterday to do that. My wife was surprised at how good it looked when I was done compared to what she saw when I brought it home unannounced.......

Looks good! Are you putting a new thermometer in or just hadn't had a chance to replace the old one when the "after" pic was taken?

Looks good! Are you putting a new thermometer in or just hadn't had a chance to replace the old one when the "after" pic was taken?

I'm putting a new one in, but I haven't bought it yet. I used the opening to run a probe down to grate level to play around with the temps. I wrapped the wire with aluminum foil and it filled the opening up too.

If it's the same pit, he replaced the firebox too. Also, the wood that 'needs work' went from a single board to three boards? Something funny there..

Why is the firebox square in one pic but round in the other?

The fire box is round with a shelf on top, not square. You can't see it because it is open in the "after pic". I pulled the before pic from CL, so I may have pulled the wrong one in regards to the handles and board. :doh: Sorry about that, but I picked it up from a storage unit that looks just like that one and it was in the same worn out condition as the one in the "before pic".

Anyway, I was surprised at how much better it looked with just a few hours of sweat equity put into the deal.

Back