Menu change up!

CaptGrumpy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Decided to do ribs tomorrow and have left over chicken tonight, BGE Pizza style!
My wife & I were childless for the day and into the night so I decided to go gourmet on her and do chicken pesto pizza for her. WOW! At $1.29 for fresh wheat piza dough at Trader Joe's Market, I will never make my own dough again! I am hooked! One package makes two pies!
I got the parchment paper out and stretched out my crusts and brushed them with EVOO and made the first one with just pesto topped with last night's beercan hot naked chick left overs, olives, mushroom slices, sweet red bell pepper slices,some basil leaves and of course mozzarella cheese. The second pie had marinara added to the base of pesto but the rest the same.
Two pies, two fat, dumb & happy adults!
Dropped the temp to 575 from the first pizza cook and cooked for 10-12 minutes. This turns out the best pies with Trader Joe's Fresh Pizza Dough.

Attachments

• 1pizza3.JPG
    1pizza3.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 2pizza2.JPG
    2pizza2.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2pizzas.jpg
    2pizzas.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 37
nearly midnight here and you break out the pizza for me to dream about all night ...

thats evil

and WOW what a pair of pies with that cheese piled high and bubbly

I wonder if that dough freezes well ? I need to keep some on hand

because all you farkers with the pizza drive me nuts for a late night gourmet pizza

Four days straight cooking on the eggs and doing day 5 tomorrow!
Pizza seems to be a hit at our house and the word is spreading like a wildfire amongst my daughter's friends. Teenagers love pizza and the are willing to suffer my abuse to come over here to eat my pizza pies!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Those look nice and filling!!

yes sir!

one of the bestest pizzas i've made was hawaiian chicken and ham with chipotle

Back