Oakridge BBQ Habanero Death Wings

Happy Labor Day brethren!!

Just saw this post from May 25...

Merry Christmas to you and yours
santa-emoticon.gif

If the Habanero Death Dust is anything like your other products, it's a winner, but probably a little on the hot side for my digestive tract these days.........

So, I did a dozen wings this way. Olive oil and 2 TBS HDD. Let them marinate for about an hour. I sprinkled a couple pinches worth on after I pulled it from the marinade, but left it at that. The other dozen I did with lemon juice, pepper, and salt. Grilled them as mentioned on my gasser. They did come out really nice. Cooked through, crispy skin. I probably could have used more HDD. They had heat, but weren't too hot. Could taste the salt and the celery. We both detected the sweet too.

I'll make these again, but go a little heavier on the HDD. Thanks for the recipe and the HDD! Great product.

I ate about 14 of these tonight and they were great!

I ran out of EVOO so I used peanut oil. Added some molasses, gochujang and apple juice to the bag. Soaked for about 2 hours, then drained and rubbed with a 60/40 mix of the HDD and the Game Bird and Chicken rub.

Smoked indirect on the kettle with a couple cherry chunks for about an hour, then gave them a quick direct heat to get 'em sizzling.

They were awesome!

The heat was intense and lasting, without being too much. Next time I will use more HDD, now that I'm certain it won't burn me too bad.

Last edited:
Back