BBQ Pitmasters Ep. #5 Sept. 16, "Turducken"

i can't wait for the 'tension music'. oh wait, not watching.

As I said elsewhere, this episode is probably my favorite (or is a close tie to the Big Mista/Diva Q one). They have really progressed the show nicely and I think even many of the haters will enjoy it if they take the time to watch it and quit beetching tomorrow night.

BTW - Last episode a guy flipped off Myron Mixon and Myron made a comment about it. I was watching "All Star BBQ Showdown" made a few years ago and Mixon flipped off the judges who were judging his brisket. So, turnabout is fair play, you reap what you sow, etc., etc.

BTW - Last episode a guy flipped off Myron Mixon and Myron made a comment about it. I was watching "All Star BBQ Showdown" made a few years ago and Mixon flipped off the judges who were judging his brisket. So, turnabout is fair play, you reap what you sow, etc., etc.

I think he (Myron) said: "he's flippin us the bird!"

And (I think it was actually near 3 weeks ago), it was more 'matter of fact' to me.

I haven't seen the show you mention, but I believe you. So maybe it wasn't a complaint... maybe professional flipper courtesy? :-D

As I said elsewhere, this episode is probably my favorite (or is a close tie to the Big Mista/Diva Q one). They have really progressed the show nicely and I think even many of the haters will enjoy it if they take the time to watch it and quit beetching tomorrow night.

Big Mista diva q and some tailgaters

I think he (Myron) said: "he's flippin us the bird!"

And (I think it was actually near 3 weeks ago), it was more 'matter of fact' to me.

I haven't seen the show you mention, but I believe you. So maybe it wasn't a complaint... maybe professional flipper courtesy? :-D

It was the brisket episode with Bubba Que and The Slabs. Mixon said, "He just shot us the da** bird!"

But, that could be the case. I think MM was more amused than offended by it. :p

The new format is a bit boring compared to last year, but I can deal with it and still watch. I just wish they wouldn't eliminate someone for not knowing how to cook weird stuff like catfish or rattlesnake. Fine, throw in those challenges to kill some time in the show, but figure out a way to integrate those results into the final judging. Don't just send someone home for not cooking the most tender alligator meat. That's my only real complain of the show. Not only is it unfair to the competitors but it doesn't add any suspense, IMO. It'd also be nice to see one more finished, plated entry.

I'll be watching. I've smoked turducken before and know it is a very demanding prep. I'm excited to see how the episode 5 teams do it.

Geez, I totally forgot. We can't watch BBQ Pitmasters... the Apprentice starts thursday night.

Back