Kobe Rib Eyes.

Rib-O-Lator

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I went to the store to get some rib eyes and found that they had some kobe rib eyes (i know it's american) at $20lb. so i got two good sized ones cost $30 and gave em a new home. i let them set until room temp and seasoned them with kosher salt and pepper then i put them on the ROL at 325 grill temp.

don't get ahead of me! i hear you thinkin! "you can't get sear marks using the ROL" heeerrre's the resttt of the story!

i cooked them until they where 125 internal = medium rare then put them on the grate that i had sitting right on top of the burner to sear.

they looked great. But as far as the taste and texture i give it a 4 out of 10.
they where tough almost like an over cooked filet mignon and it had a weird texture to it. a regular choice rib eye had more flavor. so i was not impressed with it at all.

i know it's not the ROL because i have cooked many great tasting steaks on it.

maybe i should look at the label again, it might "say crap-a instead of kobe"

2012-12-22_16-55-25_890.jpg

2012-12-22_17-20-50_474.jpg

I would have to call this technique the "Rolling Reverse Sear"!!

Where'dya get them there KO-Bay steaks?? You may have overcooked them, but who the hellameye to say?

The meat looks good in the first photo.
Why are they tied together?
I've never seen rope to hold a steak together.

I would have to call this technique the "Rolling Reverse Sear"!!

Where'dya get them there KO-Bay steaks?? You may have overcooked them, but who the hellameye to say?

got em at top foods. overcook them! i may be an armature but i'm a professional armature. for $30 bucks i stood over those things every second to get them to med/med rare.

Back