***SPECIAL*** Discussion Thread -> "Farking Double Cheeseburger" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Here my official entry for the TD, a Double Al Pastor Cheese Burger.

Build thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183070

Polling Pic

6792A3BD-CC51-4E0B-B098-254670F3F344_zpsckemxfhu.jpg

Last edited:
Oh bugger.
I already posted in the other thread but I think it is supposed to go here.
>I checked a few dictionaries, and a food dictionary.
I'm a bit troubed.
These two sentences may...or may not...be related.
Anyway, a "burger" must utilize a bun or a roll.
Otherwise, it isnt a burger.<

Oh bugger.
I already posted in the other thread but I think it is supposed to go here.
>I checked a few dictionaries, and a food dictionary.
I'm a bit troubed.
Otherwise, it isnt a burger.<

35c1yts.png

2e3n129.png

Does a burger need a bun or can it be served on sliced bread?

Yep!:thumb: Flatbread, whatever. Just make a "Farking Double Cheeseburger"!:becky:

2m4t7o3.png

Last edited:
Ooooh, so rabbit and sausage don't count? :wink:

Mod Note:

Good point... If we go with that definition of a burger then there are two entries and a maybe entry that will have to be DQ'd because they don't use ground beef.

We can all find definitions of a burger that suit our needs and contradict each others all month and end up in a burger pissing match. The question about using sliced bread was already answered by Chris, and there are no special rules specifying that only beef can be used, so let's leave it alone.

Mod Note:

Good point... If we go with that definition of a burger then there are two entries and a maybe entry that will have to be DQ'd because they don't use ground beef.

We can all find definitions of a burger that suit our needs and contradict each others all month and end up in a burger pissing match. The question about using sliced bread was already answered by Chris, and there are no special rules specifying that only beef can be used, so let's leave it alone.
It was in jest. Pretty sure it was clarified at the start of this that any ground meat was acceptable. :thumb:

It was in jest. Pretty sure it was clarified at the start of this that any ground meat was acceptable. :thumb:

I know you were jesting. I just quoted your post because it brought up the catch-22 in grabbing random definitions off of the internet to support a point. That definition may also work against someone.

Also, a bit of history, from the delinquent thread, but worthy of posting here since it also discusses rules and how you farkers should abide by them.:mad:

I checked a few dictionaries, and a food dictionary.
I'm a bit troubed.
Otherwise, it isnt a burger.
OK now, seriously folks...

When I first read this I literally laughed out loud. The reason is truly a bit of Throwdown history that I assumed most remember, but perhaps none of you farkers actually know about.:doh::roll:

So allow me to talk a bit about that.

The year is 2009. We are having a "Burger" Throwdown. This was before this here Throwdown forum existed. Back then I would post the threads in Q-Talk, with no mod powers whatsoever. It was simply a fun thing we did as fellow Brethren on this site to cook dinner and play a game as we'll.

THAT very exact definition was dropped on that thread partway through the gathering of entries.

It caused a stir then too.

What happened next is the reason we HAVE a separate Throwdown forum and no longer run this thing out of Q-Talk.

So the stage is set. The definition has been posted, but I haven't even seen it yet. People are already replying though and pouncing in all directions.

One of our members, I won't say the name but the initials were RTD got pissed about that and said that since he did not use a farking "bun" that he figures he is DQ'ed, gripes a bit, then yanks his photos out of his post, along with shooting me a PM about it being ridiculous that such a silly thing should nullify his burger.

Keep in mind that nobody had EVER been DQ'ed at this point, and I had zero intentions of DQ'ing his burger, or anyone ever (at that time).

So when I finally catch up on the thread I immediately have to do damage control. I send RTD a PM saying he is not DQ'ed but that unless he puts his photos back I can not put them in the voting thread. I also said something similar in the thread publicly. The last thing I ever heard from RTD was his reply to my PM, "Whatever".:tsk:

RTD never came back. For a couple YEARS I thought it was because of the issue in the farking Burger TD. I learned later that he left for other reasons completely unrelated.

This is not the ONLY Burger debacle in TD history. But it was the FIRST burger related debacle.

In fact, it was because of this incident that Phil moved us into our own forum, and gave me moderator powers to help keep you hooligans somewhat in line. I was soon nicknamed Blackcopter Bigabyte because of my "supposed" heavy handed moderation of landarc.:becky:

Fast forward to today.

I see this EXACT same definition in the 2014 Burger TD.:laugh: oh boy, the memories from that!:pound:

So I made my snarky remark about pulling my entry because that is EXACTLY the response that happened the last time.:rofl:

Little did I know that buccs was trying to be serious.:wacko:

I honestly can't recall him ever being serious much around here before.:noidea:

So of course, with it being in the delinquent thread I laughed, thanked it, and replied with some of my finer quality douchebaggery.

We'll fark me silly and call me Shirley. Turns out this definition was dropped with real intent.:doh::roll:

So, knowing that....

GET OVER YOURSELVES YA FARKING DOUCHEBAGS!:mad::mad::mad:

The OP spelled out the farking rules already, and all questions, from serious to douchebaggity were answered.

YOU guys don't get to call the shots.

Let me ALSO point out a TD RULE that has been violated.

If you find an entry to not follow the rules...

I'll let you farkers fill in the rest. If you don't know, then READ THE FARKING RULES!!!

For fark sakes, there are big red letters in every OP saying you and only you are responsible for knowing the farking rules and it is not the mods jobs to teach them to you, but to ENFORCE them.

Now then...back to our normal douchebaggery.

Back