WE can All give up now on brisket

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
B

barbefunkoramaque

I did not take pictures and I should have or a video as I knew for certain I would be making a peice of chit.

I just MICRO - Pressurecooked a 5 lb flat in the microwave with beef stock and some rub, then smoked it on a small weber grill (I found on the road) with about 25" green red oak.

The brisket was delicious and took me 2:43 minutes. What the FARK!!!!!!????????

What, you think we are gonna try this new brisket method?

I'm just gonna walk away slowly and pretent I didn't read that....

I dunno if i have that much time to wait for good BBQ Brisket.

If the microwave was on the bottom shelf, and the carousel moved slowly it could qualify (somehow, somewhere) as low and slow...

If the microwave was on the bottom shelf, and the carousel moved slowly it could qualify (somehow, somewhere) as low and slow...

If you start with a Power Level of 2 or 3 on the carousel for the first 45 seconds, you'll get the smoke ring....Then jack the power level up to about 8 or 9 for the finish on the the top rack (hot spot) and you'll really build the bark...

nails it every time :biggrin:

I am not putting my pressure cooker in the microwave.

Pressure cooking is what happens when you oversleep and have an 11 AM turn in time. :p

So instead of road kill you're now working with road grill. I hope the thing didn't suffer too much. And if we don't experiment I guess we'll never know. And thanks for the vid in your tag. Now thems some good butts.

I have struggled with brisket for years but have now seen the light. Thank you for sharing this method with us. I was about to toss a butt on the UDS today but now I can wait until a few minutes before the superbowl starts use this method :mrgreen:

I cooked this one on defrost mode to get a real good smoke ring.

Thanks for the idea Funk!

Brisket1.JPG

With the direction KCBS is going, we should be able to convince them to allow microwaves in comps. :roll:

headed to the penalty box now...

Have been hesitant to do a brisket 'till now. Looks like a winner. Have pressure cooker. Will travel.

Swanson "Brisket in a Pouch" - Real BBQ Pitmasters Flavor in 5 minutes!

Back