Fall Bash date is set

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Looks like it needs to be September 15th,16th, and 17th, as a competition has sprung up on the following weekend that we may be wanting to do.

Sooooo..... Let the planning begin.

Anyone that is flying in needs to coordinate and we can't just get tickets willy-nilly as the airport is an hour away in good traffic. We first need to know who is flying in and what day. Thursday arrivals are welcome as well to help set up for Friday. I can make a run on Thursday to the airport and with any luck either Bill or Ron or both can make a run on Friday. Phil knows the way and has rented a vehicle in the past and maybe he will again.

Midway is the airport to fly into unless you have no other option and need to fly into Ohare if it eliminates a long hold over or something for you getting here.

Anyone that is thinking about making it should really try as this may be the last fall bash held at my house for two reasons. One is that we think that the size may get bigger and may need to start moving off site to a larger gathering area such as a cmpground. The second is that we are thinking about moving the midwest bash up and down the Mississippi valley in order to facilitate more members being able to attend. This is something that we can discuss this year at the bash.

So let's start planning first by getting some responses as to who is coming for a fact and which of those members are flying in or driving and what day they are planning on coming in.

Those that plan on driving and can offer up space for others, please do.

Any off topic stuff will be deleted as it will be hard enough trying to coordinate without sifting through. Leave off topic to the other fall bash threads.

OK, we're off!

Im in, I will be driving. I will probably arrive on Thursday.
Mike

parrothead said:
Thursday arrivals are welcome as well to help set up for Friday.

I just booked. I'll be in thursday evening at 4:30. Will make a costco run on the way from the airport for last minute stuff and do some shopping, so make me a list. Should arrive at Gregs around 8.

I'm not sure I can make it before late night on Friday, maybe 11pm or so? Depends on my vacation I have left. I'll either be in late evening Friday or best case around noon on Friday. I'll be driving and once I know my schedule, I'll offer up the five or so other seats in my Q van (with the crooked decal lol!) to any Brethren I'll be passing on the way by.

Give it a 50/50 chance I’ll make it. Just got the wife’s blessing. Now I just have to shuffle a few work things and I can get the odds up to 80/20. Wish me luck.

I'm in.

Anyone needs a ride I'm rollin south from central WI.

It's on the calendar. I've got lots goin' on, buying house, lots of work changes, but planing on showing up :mrgreen:

Jeff_in_KC said:
How's thing's progressing for the Bash? No posts for a couple of weeks... How many are coming and what do I need to bring?

You need to bring Doorbusters! Hold a seat in the crooked party van. If I sit in the front the letters will be straight!

We will be arriving Friday evening. If the wifey comes we will head back that night, if not, I'll be towing the popup and staying till morning.

parrothead said:
So let's start planning first by getting some responses as to who is coming for a fact and which of those members are flying in or driving and what day they are planning on coming in.

Those that plan on driving and can offer up space for others, please do.

Me, Doorbusters and Mark are coming... looks like we'll be leaving the KC area at Dawn's crack on Friday morning and arriving early afternoon Friday. We currently have up to three places available in the van. Let me know if we're coming by any of you and you need a ride.

Right now, I'm planning on picking up Doorbusters around 6:30 AM Friday and Mark in St. Peters around 10 or 10:30 AM. If that schedule works for you, let me know ASAP.

Weather report for Morris IL

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 77.

Thursday Night: Clear, with a low around 56.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 57.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 81.

Im leaving Thursday morning about 9 am. I have room in my truck if anybody else from Mid-Michigan wants to ride with me. I have a cab and 1/2 Ford p/u. I can squeeze in 3 riders. Please let me know if you need a ride. Either on the forum or via PM.

Mark, I need to be home by 3pm on Sunday so we'll probably leave EARLY on Sunday morning. Will that work for you?

Weather looks to be great! Nice cool nights for a bonfire to sacrifice more Spam?

Jeff_in_KC said:
Weather looks to be great! Nice cool nights for a bonfire to sacrifice more Spam?

I'm sure that there will be sacrificial Spam regardless of the weather!

Keep in mind that Gregg is close enough to Chicago to guarantee that the weather forecast will change at lest once per day until the bash. :-D

Ron_L said:
Keep in mind that Gregg is close enough to Chicago to guarantee that the weather forecast will change at lest once per day until the bash. :-D

Although Morris is quite a ways out, I'll stretch the Chicagoland definition (just a little) to say bring clothes for 60* to 90*.

60 degree nights can easily be followed by an 80degree day, but 60% humidity might make it toasty. Shorts, jeans, light jacket, somethingwater proof (besides a condom), should be in order

It's like camp, plan on everything

Jeff_in_KC said:
Mark, I need to be home by 3pm on Sunday so we'll probably leave EARLY on Sunday morning. Will that work for you?

Works for me Jeff. When you come back through St. Peters, slow down and I'll jump.

bbqbull: If you have any room in your truck and happen to accidently "run across" any Caribou or Moose, toss em in the back for me buddy.

willkat98 said:
It's like camp, plan on everything
There was this one time, at bash camp...

Back