MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
jiffyjeff84
Got rid of the matchlight.

Question customized paint jobs

I just recently picked up a gently used aussie traveler bbq and want to repaint the grill hood. I want to go for a custom single shade of high gloss key lime green or just high gloss lime. the pit and stand will remain black.
I've been to the big box home improvement retailers and have returned home empty handed.

From what i know i need a high heat resistant metal enamel paint. Now I know that the trad. colors are black, red, silver so its easy to find those paints but what about other colors? I got this custom color idea from a grill sold at Target that was high gloss lime color. Can anyone guide me towards a supplier that i can special order my desired spray paint????

Summer is closing fast please help
jiffyjeff84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
FretBender
Full Fledged Farker

Check out the high temp paint from DupliColor, DE1641 Grabber Green (lime) Google DE1641
Withstands heat to 500 degrees

Old 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
jiffyjeff84
Got rid of the matchlight.

thanx for the info fretbender. some other questions i have bbq brethren, are as follows.

How can i strip the existing paint off the grill hood? Is there a chemical paint stripper???

i need to re-rivet the hinges on the pit and hood. What tools and riveting supplies do i need? Where can i get them at too? Home Depot or Lowes maybe???

it seems like 3/16 is the measurments for the holes (based from measuring various holes surounding the riveted hinges on the pit.
jiffyjeff84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Willie's BBQ
Banned

try your local auto parts house, they carry high temp header/exhaust paint. if i remember, some of it is up to 1200 degrees
Willie's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
expatpig
is One Chatty Farker

I would drill out the rivets and install SS machine screws.
[B][COLOR=red]Napoleon Apollo[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]GOSM[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue][B][I]CSBBQA, KCBS, NOBS(Northern Ontario Barbecue Society)Professional Barbecue Team. USAJFKCENMA.[/I][/B][/COLOR]
expatpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
color, custom, custom paint, lime, Painting