• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. NYC BBQ Cook-Off, Staten Island, NY

bbq-brethren is there.. :mrgreen:

just to be sure.....is it accurate that theres no electric or water hookups?

From what I understand, there is no electric or water hookup at your site. They have 1 source of water, so bring something to fill up(ie: empty water cooler bottle or keg tub). This is how the event went last year. They say they will have flood lights to light the area at night, but you still could be in the dark a bit depending on where your site is.

bbq-brethren is there.. :mrgreen:

just to be sure.....is it accurate that theres no electric or water hookups?

If you can score a spot near the courthouse (by the cemetery) you can find a set of plugs in the basement. Or that's what I heard, anyway. :tape:

I will have running water (own marine pumps) and electric. My food may turn out like crap but we will be lit up like a christmas tree :-D:-D

Looks like we will need heat for the overnight hours.

im covered for electric.. was just wondering of I should be loading the water tank.

Taino Smokehouse CT will be there. Thats our sponsor. We are better known as the Goat Locker.

Attachments

• Team.jpg
    Team.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Rig.jpg
    Rig.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Chicken.jpg
    Chicken.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 144
Just a few questions I had they may be dumb but I'm a noon and this is my first comp. Do they (event) supply the boxes for turn in or do we just bring our own. For those of you who have done this event before if I was to bring a small tent would I be able to set it up to sleep in for a few and if not what's the best low budget way of catching some sleep. Thanks all

They are supposed to supply the boxes. In fact it is a rule theta they do. If they don't is be shocked and pissed. Tent, etc, whatever you need to get by as far as I know. People sleep on cots, in their trucks, whatever

Boxes are supplied at all KCBS events. Tent is fine. I sleep on a cot or back of my jeep at all events. There is plenty of room at this event. It is not set up like most events. Much more scattered set up.

Have people heard from the organizers at all? I sent in my app a little later than I should have and haven't heard from them yet.

Back