• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

22.5 Super Jumbo Joe/WSM

Bob13

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Home of the 11 time World Series Champion Cardinal
A month ago, I was the recipient of fellow Brethren Bob In St. Louis' scuffed lid and out-of-round barrel from his 22.5 WSM. (See: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2227989)

Well, I finally have it just about ready to use. I acquired a grey, 3 daisy wheel, metal handle Bar B Kettle shortly after getting the WSM parts. Door and water pan arrived earlier this week, and I sacrificed my old, rusty Meco bullet smoker to make the charcoal ring (16" diameter). Finally found a bit of time this evening to get the kettle bottom cleaned out, and also shortened the legs on it (it's now just 8" above the ground).

I was able to work on the WSM barrel a bit, and hopefully have "fixed" it enough so that I don't have the same problem Bob was having with the lid getting stuck to the barrel... if I do, the Kettle lid fits quite nicely on the barrel.

I love it in it's current state... it looks like a Super Jumbo Joe! That being said, I can't wait to add the WSM parts. Hoping to get a test burn in tomorrow... maybe throw a fattie and some wings on, too!

I'm a bit concerned about ash build up over the daisy vents on the bottom. i might need to add the miniWSM SJS can mod to cover them. We'll find out. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts about that, please share.

Here's a pic of the Super Jumbo Joe... will be adding more of it in WSM form (hopefully tomorrow)!

Attachments

• DSC04847.jpg
    DSC04847.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
It was definitely a good test burn... can't wait to throw something bigger on! Here she is, as well as the fattie and 3 lbs of wings.

Attachments

• DSC04851.jpg
    DSC04851.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 410
  • DSC04853.JPG
    DSC04853.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC04856.JPG
    DSC04856.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 409
How did you get the wsm body to fit on the kettle?? I didn't think they were meant to fit with each other. Pretty cool though.

Very cool! It looks cool as a shorty. Then you added the wsm parts and it looks even cooler. Lets see some mad pron off that thing:thumb::thumb:

Sweet!!!
I feel like a proud poppa!
Thanks for the ping Bob, I'm REAL glad you've got the WSM-F* up and running.
That's a great looking nekkid fattie too.

Bob

*WSM-F = Weber Smokey Mountain Frankenstein :wink:

Back