Prime brisket for 4.99#

Pastaboy

Reaction score
I found some prime brisket at my local market, it comes in a bag labeled excel USDA prime it was about a 7 #piece , it looks like the point. I'm not ready to attempt a brisket since I just got my uds and have never smoked before, if I buy it and freeze it for about a month or two will that affect the flavor when I cook it. I just want to get a few easier cooks in before I attempt a brisket. I don't think they know what they are selling because it was at the choice price of 4.99#, the guy behind the counter told me it always comes in like that. I thought it was weird because they don't sell prime beef. Thanks in advance

I would buy it. If it is the point then its got alot of internal fat and is very forgiving much like a boston butt. Go for it!

I would buy it too. There is a market near me that sometimes gets some prime cuts and they are always priced at the choice price. Reason for that is they do not expect prime and hence have no number in their system for prime. Again, get it. The point is the best part of a brisket!!!!!!!!!

I obviously don't know how prices in your area compare to here, but our local Sam's Club sells prime briskets for under $3/lb. However, the grocery store has them for closer to $7/lb. You might check Sam's or Costco if you have a membership.

Good luck and enjoy! :grin:

Back