Eggbert Does Pizza

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had some pizza fixins' left over from the weekend pizza and pool party so we had pizza on the Egg for dinner last night.

Sausage and cheese for my daughter...
Pizza001_small.jpg

And Teriyaki Chicken, onions, red bell pepper and mushrooms with mango BBQ sauce for my wife and me...
Pizza002_small.jpg

That looks yummy. Tell Eggbert he/she did a great job!

Eggbert is a he, of course... Eggberta is a she.

Geez.

:-D

Man those sure look good RonL.

Great browning on that cheese!! How hot are you running your egg?

Paul

We won't rat you out for cooking Pizza on a wednesday if you cook one on friday too.

Up unitl now I have cooked mine at 500 degrees too, but am going to try 450 next time 'cause Rick says that is what he does. Be interesting to see what the difference will be.

Up unitl now I have cooked mine at 500 degrees too, but am going to try 450 next time 'cause Rick says that is what he does. Be interesting to see what the difference will be.

I'd be interested to see your results. I've done a few at 435-450 and not had the browning Ron had. One of the reasons i did the grill/dome comparison the other day. I've also wondered if the plate setter on a large might allow more airflow than the medium.

Thanks
Paul

the dome temp you bake pizzas at really depends on the crust you are using. i'm using the half baked, premade mama mary's crusts. fresh dough crusts are a different thang.

looks like great stuff, ron! how was the crust, chewy or cripsy? and was that what you were going for?

The last few times I've done it I've used Trader Joe's ready-made pizza dough and done it on my #7 Kamado at somewhere in the 700-800+ degree range (gotta watch the flashbacks at those temps -- you only do that once!).. I can cook a pizza in ~7 minutes at those temps.. Works great and removes any crap on the grills too!

Now you're just showing off!

And doing a mighty fine job of it I might add.

Back