Smoked Pork Tenderloin with Michigan Cherry Glaze

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
Smoked Pork Tenderloin and used the recipe from my new best friend, Chris Lilly's, Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book. I used the indirect method. When nearly done I painted it with the Michigan Cherry Glaze. Cooked it on the weber performer and used a small piece of Black Cherry wood and kingsford blue.

IMG_3576.jpg

Wowsers that looks so good! I really wish I took the kettle out tonight now. I let the wife cook our cornish hens in the oven and even though it was awesome, I really need to taste the hickory. I am jonesing and your pron makes me jones even more!

I'd slap that sideways, up, down, North, East, South and West! Primo color.

My timing wasn't good when I cooked it. It had a long stall. Took for ever for it to come up to temp. It stalled a 139. It was 1 - 1 1/2 hours behind of when we planned to eat. I think it could have went a little higher. I took it off at 160. Maybe it was just a tough pig. :confused: I don't know if cooking it longer would have made it tender. I din't care for tough pour. I tried to eat some of the leftovers and they were tough too.

I love the color the glaze gives it! Sorry to hear it was tough. I have never been a fan of smoking loins, I generally grill 'em. My buddy smokes them all the time, and to me they are always tough. He is just learning and until a few months ago wouldn't cook anything but burgers and dogs :tsk:

I love the color the glaze gives it! Sorry to hear it was tough. I have never been a fan of smoking loins, I generally grill 'em. My buddy smokes them all the time, and to me they are always tough. He is just learning and until a few months ago wouldn't cook anything but burgers and dogs :tsk:

I indirect "grilled" them on the weber at 250-275. It was in the maranade for about 18 hours.

Looks outstanding. I am off work Mon, Tues, Wed, And Thurs. So pork tnderlloin is on my to do list for sure after seeing that.
Thanks!

Back