Don't remember. Was only for Single Fin :twisted:. He's happy with it.

Since were on Baskets, here's my hillbilly no weld basket....

Take a piece of expando 6 to 8" tall X 4' long, roll it and attach ends with a couple bolts and washers.
It's very close to the diameter of a 16" ECB grate.
Set the rolled expando on the grate and tie with pieces of wire.
Feet are made from 3 1/2"x3/8 bolts with double nuts and fender washers.
I add a length of wire for a handle and your good to go! :biggrin:

:biggrin:

Brings to mind.....
deliverance.jpg

:eek::biggrin:

I like the idea and will go this route for my 1st UDS. What do you use to catch the ash?

Take a piece of expando 6 to 8" tall X 4' long, roll it and attach ends with a couple bolts and washers.
It's very close to the diameter of a 16" ECB grate.
Set the rolled expando on the grate and tie with pieces of wire.
Feet are made from 3 1/2"x3/8 bolts with double nuts and fender washers.
I add a length of wire for a handle and your good to go! :biggrin:

UDSbasket.jpg

Bubba's is a cadilac compared to mine. I used wire to connect my top piece to a another piece of expanded metal and set the basket on the pipe nipples to raise it above the bottom.

Ok as you know i am in process of building a couple of UDS cookers. Seems the masses are looking for an ash pan set up. I have been looking for something cheaper than buying a 35 gallon drum. Well here is what i found. $8 cheapy bbq from hispanic market.
IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

That looks perfect Norco, did they have more in stock at that price? BTW the thermos are on the way.

That looks perfect Norco, did they have more in stock at that price? BTW the thermos are on the way.

This was last like this but they have table top version. Same 18" base just no folding legs that will get tossed anyway.

This was last like this but they have table top version. Same 18" base just no folding legs that will get tossed anyway.
I was just getting ready to head to IMS this morning to scrap around for ideas for my basket. Do you mind picking up one of those for me next time you go?

Will do, gonna look at sales ad tomorrow. This is the kinda crap that CVS/ Thrifty/Walgreens sells as a come on.

I just found 1/8" thick 18" rounds at the scrap yard for 2.00 - I'm sure you could do something with those norco.

N8Man thats a sick setup.
Where did you get that dolly?

Besides the Coolness Factor, I find my Vertical 1" Intake Pipe allows me easy access to fine tune the Temps for Low and Slow. I'm 6'6" and having the Intake at my fingertips is a big advantage, IMHO.
attachment.php

I've read where others have had problems with Temp Control, having gone Vertical with their Intakes, but I've had no such issues. Consistant Temps, Consistant Results. Perhaps the Ram on top makes a difference!:biggrin:

N8Man thats a sick setup.
Where did you get that dolly?
Local Junkyard (and Daddy's Backyard) is where I get most of my metalscraps. The DrumBuggy is made up of parts from 1 pressure washer deck, 2 push mower wheels w/ axles, and 1 piece of 5" wide, 1/4" thick, channel iron cut into two 6" lengths bolted to each of the rear sides of washer deck for mounting axles and wheels.
attachment.php
attachment.php

You could also use a defunct Push Mower Deck.
Makes moving DrumPit about the Yard really nice:biggrin:

attachment.php

I know I preach about not going for coolness factor, but external Bling is ok.
Introducing the Big Belly mod. For those that can't bend over. :biggrin:
IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

Ok as you know i am in process of building a couple of UDS cookers. Seems the masses are looking for an ash pan set up. I have been looking for something cheaper than buying a 35 gallon drum. Well here is what i found. $8 cheapy bbq from hispanic market.
That's exactly what I use as an ash pan.

Back