That One Meat & One Rub That Calls You Back

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Chicken Thighs and Plowboys Yardbird. I try so many rubs. My “favorite” changes often. But in my mind there’s a difference between favorite and consistently good results. My Bride eats it on popcorn. I probably have 25/30 rubs going. I’m wanting to do some Frankenrubs with Green Chile powder. I’ll leave Plowboys alone. Consistent

Last edited:
We do a ton of different rubs for meat (John Henry right now is it for beef thank you TexMex) but for our roasted veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, squash and zuchinni) it is hard to beat QSalt with EVOO/Canola Blend on the grill all cut nice and thick. Delicious for sure.

I'm with KingRanch..

I always know that I can break out some chicken wings and our Wicken Yanks Wings Rub, and it's going to be a winner.... and consistent, a la Adams mention above.

What sauce(s) I play with after that, is up for grabs/discussion.

I'm also starting to ease John Henry's Mojave Garlic into the "tried & true" category, too... on lots of stuff.

I agree on Yardbird on any chicken, and also Bovine Bold, especially on chuck for pot roast or burgers!

Also, Code3 Grunt Rub on steaks and Smokin Ghost rub on pork chops.

Great looking chicken. Looks so good I just ordered the Plowboys Championship Barbecue BBQ Dry Rub Bundle (Yardbird 14 oz and Bovine Bold 12 oz) from Amazon. I was going to cook some legs and thighs on the Weber kettle tonight but now will wait until Wed. when it comes in so I can try it.
Thanks for posting,

For me its Beef Short Ribs and Meat Church Holy cow / Plowboys bovine bold. Hands down one of my favorite combos.

Lately it’s been wings with Oakridge Secret Weapon but I’d say the long running average tends towards ribs with TX BBQ Rib Rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back