MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Is this a good deal on CL?? White Weber Kettle

I've been watching CL like a hawk for a deal on a weber kettle. This one is white. Does Weber make a white one? Guessing he painted it. Not that I care about the color really since I could always repaint it.

So that is another question. Are these easy to paint?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/hsh/2357260174.html
Jason TQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Grab it now!!

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

It depends on the condition of the grates inside and the lower vents. Personally I would offer him $30 for both the white and the red next to it :) $25 for the white seems a better price to me.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
It depends on the condition of the grates inside and the lower vents. Personally I would offer him $30 for both the white and the red next to it :) $25 for the white seems a better price to me.
Right, the inside is important. I sent him a message and he asked if I wanted to take a look at it later today. He doesn't live far so I may go check it out. I asked if $40 was the bottom price so I'll see what he says. There were some others on CL in better shape, but an hour away. I'm guessing he is wanting to keep the red one :).

Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_KY View Post
Grab it now!!
I'm gonna see if he'll come down on that price. New 22 kettles are only $69 so $40 seems a little high for a used.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
Dr_KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnbish View Post
I'm gonna see if he'll come down on that price. New 22 kettles are only $69 so $40 seems a little high for a used.
Ah I see the prices of them over here are twice that and in Sterling.
Actually Heres a deal on one..
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs...doors|16849255

Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
Grand Champions 2009

Old 05-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
Jason TQ

Whoops I misspoke about the price. New 22's are $89. He texted me he would drop to $35. I may bite since this is so close.

He said he bought it white. Never heard of white ones.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
Dr_KY

Go there and then offer him another ten to throw in the red one.

Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
Grand Champions 2009

Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
Lake Dogs

Name/Nickname : Hance

You can find them on sale, new, for about $70. I'd say no, not that old... $10, yes, perhaps, but you can spend a few dollars getting the grills nice/current. Again, I'm thinking new.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #10
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Well, I just did a google, amazon and a weber supply dealer search and came up with no such thing as a white weber. There are blue, red, black and green, but no white. I'd be cautious of it being an authentic weber. Check the air vent stamp on the top to see if it has weber stamped on it. Not saying it isn't authentic, but you never know!!!
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaQue View Post
Well, I just did a google, amazon and a weber supply dealer search and came up with no such thing as a white weber. There are blue, red, black and green, but no white. I'd be cautious of it being an authentic weber. Check the air vent stamp on the top to see if it has weber stamped on it. Not saying it isn't authentic, but you never know!!!
Yeah I couldn't find a white one either. He said he bought it 2 years ago. He said he would do 35. Its just tempting since I haven't seen one this low this close to me

Old 05-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #12
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Well, the pics give it the appearance of a Weber. Like said before, if the grates are to bad off, I would pass, but if it's just surface rust, those are easily cleaned with a little brillo pad and heavy duty oven cleaner. If they need replaced, you'll end up spending as much for the replacement grates and grill as it would cost to buy new.
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
Lake Dogs

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaQue View Post
Well, the pics give it the appearance of a Weber. Like said before, if the grates are to bad off, I would pass, but if it's just surface rust, those are easily cleaned with a little brillo pad and heavy duty oven cleaner. If they need replaced, you'll end up spending as much for the replacement grates and grill as it would cost to buy new.
^^^ that's what I was trying to say. The pic to me looks like they've spray painted a black one. So, the first question is: Did they use a very high temp spray paint? If not, they've ruined it (IMHO). Then there's the grates thing. For me, I'd rather pay $70-$90 and get a brand spankin' new one than drive across town to pick up a nasty need-to-be-rebuilt one. IMHO. By the way, I have 2 of them; they're very versatile. I love 'em, but I'd rather you save a few dollars and wait to get one new or in great shape than get something in this condition and not be very happy...
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
^^^ that's what I was trying to say. The pic to me looks like they've spray painted a black one. So, the first question is: Did they use a very high temp spray paint? If not, they've ruined it (IMHO). Then there's the grates thing. For me, I'd rather pay $70-$90 and get a brand spankin' new one than drive across town to pick up a nasty need-to-be-rebuilt one. IMHO. By the way, I have 2 of them; they're very versatile. I love 'em, but I'd rather you save a few dollars and wait to get one new or in great shape than get something in this condition and not be very happy...
Ditto. Even with high heat spray, they've ruined it. High heat paint wont last very long.
A bunch of Webers
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #15
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
I agree. Luckily he is close and I'll take a look at it tonight before I buy. I asked him about the grates and he said they were good so we will see.