Finding a Used Char-Griller Akorn

benniesdad

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I see Green Eggs, KJs, Primos and other assorted kamado cookers listed on CL all the time in my area but I am getting the feeling that I stand a better chance of stumbling across Jimmy Hoffa that I do of finding a used Char-Griller Akorn. Guess this is a pretty good indicator that people are happy with them. Are others seeing the same trend in your neck of the woods?

I'll sell you mine, I should have just bought a performer, what area you in?

I am located on the south side of Metro Atlanta. If you were closer I would jump on it in a minute. There is probably a used Performer for sale once a week on CL here, but never an Akorn.

Akorns are still pretty new to the market. Give it time, they will show up. :mrgreen:

You aren't getting anywhere near mine unless you come over for dinner!

Akorns are still pretty new to the market. Give it time, they will show up. :mrgreen:

Yeah, they're too new- only a year or two old. You probably won't find a used PBC for that matter (at the moment). Give it time.

Last edited:
Why you selling it and also curious as to how much?

I like the Akorn don't get me wrong, it's just I was on the fence about it and I really don't use it for anything other than steaks. Like I said I should have just bought a OTG or a Performer.

I like the Akorn don't get me wrong, it's just I was on the fence about it and I really don't use it for anything other than steaks. Like I said I should have just bought a OTG or a Performer.

Steaks are the main reason I am looking for one. That is also the reason I really don't want to spend that much for a new one just to cook steaks. I love my kettles and all the things I can do with them, my Performer in particular, but their weakness is not being able to reach the high temps of the kamados. But I hear ya.

I won't be selling mine either, It makes the best steaks,chicken and it's a insulated smoker. I do pizza on it then anything else there farkin great:becky:

I noticed one in my area on craigslist for the 1st time this week.

I've had mine for almost a year now. Since then I haven't touched my WSM, have only used my Performer for cold smoking, and maybe used my gasser 3-4 times for it's skillet burner or to oven cook some bacon.

you can have mine, when you pry it out of my cold dead hands :mrgreen:

seriously, it's gonna be a while before they start popping up on CL....

They'll show up once folks burn up the seals from ultra high temp steak cooks.

My Akorn has been the best money I've ever spent on any grill........ever.

+1 on the Acorn. Best money I have spent in a while. I just love mine.

Back