• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BlackHawk Brisket Version 1.0 - The Details

IT may be the foil that I use. I usually cook 2 to 2.5 hours with smoke then another 2 hours in foil.

You should add this to the Final Edict.

That should not sound that way. The fatcap should be placed different places depending on different circumstances. So fat placement is crucial only depending really on your gear. In my case what I meant by screw up is.... if you see the video, you will see I cover those suckers with a lot of rub and often, if I am not organized, I place a fatcap up.... in my case that cooks the meat side crispy and the fat side is soggy.

I am a little confused.

That should not sound that way. The fatcap should be placed different places depending on different circumstances. So fat placement is crucial only depending really on your gear. In my case what I meant by screw up is.... if you see the video, you will see I cover those suckers with a lot of rub and often, if I am not organized, I place a fatcap up.... in my case that cooks the meat side crispy and the fat side is soggy.

So you are not saying to always put your brisket on the pit fat side down? That is what I thought you meant.

Or are you saying that whether you put the fat cap up or the fat cap down is dependent on your type of pit - i.e., fire in a fire box on the side of the pit (fat cap up) vs fire on the bottom of the pit below the meat (fat cap down)?

I plan on watching the videos when I get a chance.

Thanks.

So you are not saying to always put your brisket on the pit fat side down? That is what I thought you meant.

Or are you saying that whether you put the fat cap up or the fat cap down is dependent on your type of pit - i.e., fire in a fire box on the side of the pit (fat cap up) vs fire on the bottom of the pit below the meat (fat cap down)?

I plan on watching the videos when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Fat, foil, butcher paper, plastic wrap (which is what I use mostly) all those things are tools rules that one may need to pull out depending on circumstance. I meant this:

Whether you put the fat cap up or the fat cap down is dependent on your type of pit - i.e., fire in a fire box on the side of the pit (fat cap up) vs fire on the bottom of the pit below the meat (fat cap down)---- basically where your most aggressive heat comes from. I have a pit that has a very hot diverter plate because the smoke travels under it before it enters the main chamber.

Lots of guys that have softer pits (that means they are gentle or run gentle) put that fat up.

I can say one thing... my rub is pretty cool because I wrap my stuff tighter than anyone with foil and it gets immersed in its own juices but when it sits a while it pops back.

Hey sjitxllzle? Tomorrow I am doing a video on Fajitas. This means onions and peppers will be cooked in bulk on my flat grill.

Do you want me to film a baking soda experiement?

Pitmaster T when u gonna start selling your rub? I got money in hand waiting.

Boshizzle: Why don't the brown sugar and molasses burn at the higher temp you are cooking at?

Boshizzle: Why don't the brown sugar and molasses burn at the higher temp you are cooking at?

Brisket is a big cut of meat that takes a long time to come up to temp. Plus, I use indirect heat.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN7ydPMDvH0&list=UUk3LOyIOWUwD6hYtSzBoh7w&index=3&feature=plcp"]Boshizzles Baking Soda Experiement Request - YouTube[/ame]
Video here

pH ValueH+ Concentration Relative to Pure Water

10 000 000 battery acid
1 000 000 sulfuric acid
100 000 lemon juice, vinegar
10 000 orange juice, soda
1 000 tomato juice, acid rain
100 black coffee, bananas
10 urine, milk
1 pure water
0.1sea water, eggs
0.01baking soda
0.000 1 ammonia solution
0.000 01 soapy water
0.000 001 bleach, oven cleaner
0.000 000 1 liquid drain cleaner
The pH Scale: Some Examples

Just started into the thread, but battery acid is dilute sulfuric acid, 33.5% to be exact, so sulfuric should be more acid than battery acid :)

Was that really 4 1/2 hours of cook time @ 325... did I read that right? I'd like to try it, but that's a lot shorter cook time than I'm used to.

Back