MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #31
HOG WILD BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

perfect!

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #32
bigticket1
Knows what a fatty is.

If it's not possible to turn off the heat and leave on the pit,would it work to remove the ribs and loosely tent with foil and let them gradually cool down ?
bigticket1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
Enkidu
Take a breath!

Looks awesome!

I just got back from Shaker Heights (visiting the wife's family for Thanksgiving) and much Great Lakes Christmas Ale was consumed. One of my in-laws refers to Christmas Ale as "Liquid Crack".

Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #34
dealm9
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
If it's not possible to turn off the heat and leave on the pit,would it work to remove the ribs and loosely tent with foil and let them gradually cool down ?
I am sure that would be fine. I was more concerned with obtaining the "weeping" point which PitmasterT describes in his
. I think if you can achieve that while having them be the right tenderness, they will turn out good eats, even if you do not shut it down. I just wanted to try PitmasterT's method because I liked all his other methods which I have tried, especially his brisket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
Looks awesome!

I just got back from Shaker Heights (visiting the wife's family for Thanksgiving) and much Great Lakes Christmas Ale was consumed. One of my in-laws refers to Christmas Ale as "Liquid Crack".
I live about 15 minutes from Shaker. I am glad you got to try it. I like your in-laws name for it because it fits it perfectly. now that I am back at school I am missing it so much. I am going to really need to stock up come Christmas.