Butcher recommendation in the Inland Empire???

Lance Miller

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Anyone have a lead on one? T&H in San Marcos is the best I can find, but too far away. We need to buy all the meats for an upcoming competiton and time is running out. Thanks.

T&H will send it with one of their other customers.
I have done this for other teams. Sorry not in this one.

Thanks, but I'm way too much of a control freak to leave that little detail up to another team. I'm willing to venture to LA or OC...someone has to have a good place around here. Did you see the pplace in Chicago!

Lance, I'm in the same boat as you! I haven't found a reliable place. Restaurant Depot in Anaheim is where I usually find my briskets and butts. I end up running around everywhere for ribs.
Have you checked out Hottinger Family Meats in Chino?

You are less than an hour from T&H and won't have the traffic of OC or LA. Absolutley the best meats anywhere. Call Roberto and tell him what you want. If you want top notch meats that have won many, many comps, this is the place.

Jerry, tried Hottigers in Chino. I talked to the owner and he said he has a "strict rule" that you take what ever is on top of the case. Needless to say, he was not very open to anything.

I know T&H is good, but it's not feasible.

I find it hard to believe there is not a great butcher in the OC. Plenty of $$$ there for it to thrive.

Jerry, if I find a place I will let you know.

Jerry, tried Hottigers in Chino. I talked to the owner and he said he has a "strict rule" that you take what ever is on top of the case. Needless to say, he was not very open to anything.

I know T&H is good, but it's not feasible.

I find it hard to believe there is not a great butcher in the OC. Plenty of $$$ there for it to thrive.

Jerry, if I find a place I will let you know.

Lance your best bet is going to be RD there is one in Colton..can I ask why T&H isn't feasible?..if you want top notch quality meat your going to pay for it no way around it unless you have a meat sponsor..what breeds and cuts are you looking for?

If you want, I can pick up your meat for you at T & H on the way to Wildomar - for a small fee :twisted:

Otherwise your best bet is RD or - gasp - Smart & Final! RD has CAB Brisket - you'll only get choice at S & F. But the Farmer John Butt and ribs at S & F are close to the same quality you'll find anywhere else.

Let the nay-sayers begin the flaming of Aaron!

Make the drive to t&h can't go wrong there. We drive about 50 min to get there but trust me it's worth it. Plus it actually saves time because you don't have to go to different stores hunting done the best meat. Call Roberto and place your order and he'll have it all ready when you come in

I would love to get meat from T&H, but since I work in Garden Grove and them closing at 5 makes it an impossibility unless I was to take a day off just for that purpose. I don't like the idea of someone else picking it up since they would surely keep the better of the picked up items for themselves (why wouldn't they).

Jerry,
I have picked up meat from T&H and delivered for 3 other team at 3 different contests. They are packaged in a cool container and no one goes thru and picks them except Roberto. Just tell him what you want. They have big butts with good money muscle, meaty ribs (either spares or they will cut to St. Louis) and packer and Waygu Briskets.
By the way, every time I have picked up meat for someone, they have had at least a top 3 finish in one of the catagories.

Interesting. I'm going to have to try them in the future for sure.

I had a manager at my local Staters Bros who really cared about getting good product
Yea he was transfered :(
T and H s Roberto is really a good guy

Thanks for all the input. Here are the facts. I know T&H is the best bet, BUT I'm a novice in the BBQ game and don't know who would pick it up for me (I would not trust Aaron with my weed whacker, let alone my meat).

In the future, after I bribe/meet more people who get theirs from there that will be the plan.

I found 2 places in OC. One in Brea and one in Fullerton. Both are old school butchers.
I'm waiting to hear from one, but got this from another.

What are your thoughts on these prices?

Wagyu Brisket- 10.99/lb

CAB Brisket- 7.99/lb

Unfortunately I cannot get a prime brisket at this time

Pork Spare Ribs- 7.49/lb

Free Range Chicken Thighs- 6.49/lb

I also cannot get a bone in pork but.. I CAN get boneless.. which is 6.99/lb

i can tell you one thing you'll save some enough money going to T&h then you'll spend in gas. those prices seem pretty high

Lance, I hope that's in pesos and not dollars. That's insane!

BTW, I called Roberto at T&H and will be picking up from there soon for Wildomar. He said that it will improve my placings at comps, watch out everyone!

Lance - I've used many a weed whacker and I can tell you - I'm good at it! I'll leave out how many meats I've used. :wink: BUT - I think there's a compliment in there somewhere.

The prices you show are really really really high.... or the guy quoting you is.

If Berto picks and packs up your meat (in a non-submarine way) - I'd be happy to deliver for you.

Back