MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
mn_big_dog
On the road to being a farker

Default Ribs in Munich last night

Over in Munich Germany for a week, so of course our first night out we end up at a place know for it's spare-ribs. HAD to order them.

The restaurant is called Rusticana (website) and was just a block from our hotel. It was a pretty small place, and it was packed.....didn't think we were going to get in. Was first told it would be over a hour wait to get a table. So we sent in the "pretty face" (not me) to sweet talk the waitress. In less than 5 minutes we were seated :)

As for the ribs......they were pretty good. I've had better, even cooked better myself, but they were still pretty damn good. There was something in the sauce that I couldn't put my finger on. Hoping to figure it out, because the sauce was excellent and I'm a "dry" rib guy.

Pic of the ribs (3 racks).....

I recommend if any of you find yourself over here....make sure to check them out.

Peppercorn beef tenderloin tonight (no pics).......pork knuckle on the menu for tomorrow. Pretty sure I'm going to gain at least 10lbs in meat and potatoes this week :)

Dave
mn_big_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 11-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

They look really nice. I tend to avoid beef in Europe and stick with pork. The pork tends to be much higher quality than what we get here.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
PitRow
is one Smokin' Farker

Man, I was just looking at their menu and this jumped out...

Quote:
Onion Rings 5.90
Onion Rings in beer batter, deep-fried in clarified butter,
served with a sour cream dip
Never thought of using clarified butter to deep fry anything. Wonder how it affects taste?

Last edited by PitRow; 11-12-2012 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: spelling
PitRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
mn_big_dog
On the road to being a farker

Well....we had the onion rings....they were good, but didn't notice anything different about them flavor-wise.
mn_big_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
chad
somebody shut me the fark up.

We used to get ribs in Berchtesgaden...and they were tasty. A couple of good beers and then schnapps to finish it off!! I miss active duty service!!

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Love the slab of wood they give it to you on