Who is going to West TX next weekend?

tony76248

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This one will be offering a Big Green Egg to the GC. Here is the website for info. BGE actually provided two eggs for Texas this year.

http://www.ibcabbq.org/flyers2007/Txallstar.pdf

I went to the West cookoff in the Fall and had a great time, this one promises to offer some of the same great hospitality.

There is added money to this event, so there ought to be quite a few pits entered. There were over 100 pits entered for the fall event.

I look forward to seeing you. Drop by when you get the chance. I called Chromesporty a while ago to see if he was going. Waiting to hear back from him.

Never did get your call, Tony. EZ BBQ BUNCH will be there Friday afternoon. Lookin' forward to seeing everyone. It's gonna be fun.

all packed up ready to roll, might get wet but the spice will be just fine

Well I've abandoned my plans for going up to visit you guys. I need a weekend at home. I have two briskets and a butt to smoke. Have fun guys, Dusty we'll see you at Hotter Than Hell next month.

I was busy recovering, so I hadn't made this post sooner.

There were 72 cooks out there, about 5 Brethren showed up.

I ended up placing in just one category, got 7th in chicken. The competition was brutal. I thought I did a great job too, but with so many great cooks, the bar was set much higher. I wouldn't change a thing in what I did. Next time I might get a little better scores by just being at another table.

My daughter placed 6th in the kids category. It was her first competition.

The results are in this Word Doc.

Attachments

• west results.doc
    80 KB · Views: 4
all packed up ready to roll, might get wet but the spice will be just fine

It was great meeting you Dustaway! Look forward to seeing you again in another cookoff.

We plan on doing Naple and Springtown in the near future. Those will be followed by the Championships in Grand Prairie and Meridian.

Tony it was great to meet up with you again and all your friends. Your crew sure knows how to party. I look forward to seeing you at many other cook offs. Oh and your wife is a real keeper I truly enjoyed talking with you and her.:-D

:biggrin: Tony was kind enough to exchange taste for taste with me on turn ins. We both had damn good Chicken his Brisket was more tender than mine.

You sure bested me on that chicken, WTG Jim. We also had Chromesporty and Dustaway and DeeZ at the comp. I have to thank DeeZ for my good showing in the chicken. I sort of used his process. I am sure he is kicking himself now for using that new rub. That said, if he didn't I would have. There may have been a few more Brethren out there but we were pretty spread out to know for sure.

Back