Brined Chicken +pron

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
G'day Q'ers

I've had this one in the can since last week, but too busy to post. Thanks to Phubar for his post on brined chicken. Although I have done it before, I only did whole chickens. This time I did 4 Chickens and 5kg of Maryland cuts like Phubar.

Here we go: Here's the washed chicken:
Brine_3.jpg

Some ingredients for the brine, (apart from the regular stuff) I used sage, Vietnamese Mint, Cracked Allspice Berries..
Brine_1.jpg

In the pot, I added fennel, onion, garlic and a few other things.
Brine_2.jpg

Chicken in the brine, and then into my shed fridge I have exactly for the purpose...
Brine_5.jpg

Brine_6.jpg

The chicken was brined overnight and packed in Ziplock bags the next day for freezing. I kept out a few legs for dinner that night, but made my own rub for it.

Brine_10.jpg

Here t is sprinkled on the legs...

Brine_12.jpg

Now the cooking and the result!
Brine_15.jpg

Brine_16.jpg

Brine_18.jpg

Brine_17.jpg

Anyway, it tasted FANTASTIC!

Thanks for looking!

That chicken looks like it could be in a cookbook! Nice job. I seem to never get them to come out looking that good.

Mighty fine lookin yard bird! save up you some pickle juice and try that one time - no, I ain't kiddin either.

Great Photos . I am more interested in the method

The photos are great and the brine looks good. However looking at the great looking meal you created without specifics ie times and temperatures and brine contents and exact measurements makes it less.

Photos are fantastic!

Great pics, really nice looking. I can tell your dedicated to a good process that must result in great flavors.

The photos are great and the brine looks good. However looking at the great looking meal you created without specifics ie times and temperatures and brine contents and exact measurements makes it less.

Photos are fantastic!

Yes, you're probably right. I'm still a but new to doing this sort of stuff though. It's only been about 6 months. As a result, I'm not too chatty about how I've arrived at the result. I don't want to be a bore. IF you do want all the details, I'm happy to PM them to you...

Cheers!

Back