MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-01-2020, 08:16 PM   #181
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingJ View Post
Is there a running total of how many people have snagged one on this deal?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2020, 09:17 PM   #182
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I guess I missed instructions for finding out the price / details?

Old 03-01-2020, 09:20 PM   #183
rm41400
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
MAK is really wanting to keep this Brethren deal to phone conversations only as this is not something they normally do. Would strongly encourage you to call Caleb at MAK and see what he can offer :)
Suds- What he said ^^^

It’s a nice deal
Santa Maria 42”
rm41400 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-01-2020, 09:43 PM   #184
sudsandswine

Thanks...thread blew up on me and I’ve been too busy lately to keep up.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:49 PM   #185
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
If you ever buy one Sako you won't be disappointed, like the LSG vert you just know you got it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Reason?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Dang if it wasn't for the Yoder I have already.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 01:19 AM   #186
TravelingJ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
Dang if it wasn't for the Yoder I have already.
That's an awfully practical answer...
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 06:42 AM   #187
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

Its a good deal. My wife showed me how much stuff we need since we just moved for work so i would be getting a divorce if I pulled the trigger.
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 11:51 AM   #188
YSR
On the road to being a farker

I really appreciate this idea/effort and the expert advice. I've been considering adding a pellet cooker for some time, prefer to buy something that ranks among the best for performance and longevity. Had thought Yoder might fit the bill, but following this thread (plus a little more research) is putting me to a MAK state of mind.
I have two questions:
1) On the website, I see mention of the smoker box on the 2 star but the pictures don't have it shown. Is it included as a standard part of the 2 star?
2) Website shows $2,800 for the 2 star. I may have totally misremembered, but I thought it was at $2,500 last week. Can anyone set me straight?
Perhaps a poll can be used to give an idea of the impact this thread/offer is having (or will have) on MAK sales. I'd suspect there are others like me who are quietly slow to make a decision but have been strongly influenced by this thread...

Old 03-02-2020, 11:58 AM   #189
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

When I checked last week the price was $2800 (prior to the "call for special pricing" mentions).

The 2 star has a small smoker box (its on the right side of the grill as you're facing the grill). That box would probably be fine for small things that don't need to hang. If you need more room they sell a larger cabinet type box that looks like it fits onto the existing box.

There's a video of the included box in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYxJxrE1zY
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-02-2020, 12:18 PM   #190
YSR
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychilla View Post
When I checked last week the price was $2800 (prior to the "call for special pricing" mentions).

The 2 star has a small smoker box (its on the right side of the grill as you're facing the grill). That box would probably be fine for small things that don't need to hang. If you need more room they sell a larger cabinet type box that looks like it fits onto the existing box.

There's a video of the included box in use here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYxJxrE1zY
Thanks! I was expecting something bigger like the optional super smoker. Great use of the space.

Old 03-02-2020, 12:29 PM   #191
4ever3

Been $2800 for a while now.

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 12:30 PM   #192
rwalters

Name/Nickname : Robb
Default MAK Group Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR View Post
I really appreciate this idea/effort and the expert advice. I've been considering adding a pellet cooker for some time, prefer to buy something that ranks among the best for performance and longevity. Had thought Yoder might fit the bill, but following this thread (plus a little more research) is putting me to a MAK state of mind.
I have two questions:
1) On the website, I see mention of the smoker box on the 2 star but the pictures don't have it shown. Is it included as a standard part of the 2 star?
2) Website shows $2,800 for the 2 star. I may have totally misremembered, but I thought it was at $2,500 last week. Can anyone set me straight?
Perhaps a poll can be used to give an idea of the impact this thread/offer is having (or will have) on MAK sales. I'd suspect there are others like me who are quietly slow to make a decision but have been strongly influenced by this thread...

I think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. Not many will take a purchase like this lightly as it’s a significant investment for most. I know that I researched the heck out of the pellet grill market 3 years ago when I bought my first 2 Star. No matter how I sliced and diced the research, MAK clearly surfaced as the best option for me and those I cook for... and several years later that has very much proven to be the case. Was I crazy nervous prior to purchase/use... oh my, was I ever!! I look back now with zero regret.

To answer your questions:

The 2 Star has a stock cold smoke/warming box, but as already mentioned it’s not huge. If you need more volume, MAK does sell an add-on that sits right on top of the existing setup. It’s not cheap, but it you are gonna do a lot of cold smoking, it may be worth the additional investment.

As far as $2500 vs $2800... you must be having an early “senior moment”... lol. They have been at $2800 for awhile now. Prior to that, they were at $2700. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them tick up again soon.

Let us know if you have any additional questions. Those of us that cook on MAK’s are more than willing to share and help in anyway we can :)
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #193
GrantAshton
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Grant

First post for a long time lurker.

Thanks so much for this thread. I spoke with Caleb today. Early next week I’ll be pulling the trigger on a 2 Star.
GrantAshton is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #194
Prneum
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Scott

I've been vising this forum for years and I started reading about pellet smokers a couple of weeks ago.
I have always grilled & smoked with charcoal and wood chunks and I had no knowledge about pellet smokers, until now.
Lots of research has led me here and after reading tons of info from you guys and after I saw this thread, I called and talked to Caleb this morning. We had a great conversation and you can really tell the customer service is great with this company.
Needless to say, I took advantage of the offer and I can't be more excited! I look forward to joining the MAK family!

Old 03-02-2020, 02:07 PM   #195
rwalters

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantAshton View Post
First post for a long time lurker.

Thanks so much for this thread. I spoke with Caleb today. Early next week I’ll be pulling the trigger on a 2 Star.

Fantastic and welcome to the MAK family :)
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote