MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #16
BBQ_MAFIA
somebody shut me the fark up.

Very cool....

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #17
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Last winter I was in search of a Santa Maria Style grill. I looked at the Engelbrecht Grills but along the way found

http://www.azbbqgrills.com/

After looking hard at both I went with one from Arizona BBQ Outfitters and so far I love it (but have only been using it about two weeks). I've also been very impressed with his customer service and attention to detail.

He doesn't have a drop in grill like the Braten Campfire but you might want to check out some of his grills.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #18
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyote View Post
Last winter I was in search of a Santa Maria Style grill. I looked at the Engelbrecht Grills but along the way found

After looking hard at both I went with one from Arizona BBQ Outfitters and so far I love it (but have only been using it about two weeks). I've also been very impressed with his customer service and attention to detail.

He doesn't have a drop in grill like the Braten Campfire but you might want to check out some of his grills.
They don't have anything like the campfire grills though. All of these are complete packages.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #19
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
They don't have anything like the campfire grills though. All of these are complete packages.
I know but the original post sounded like he was looking at the 1000 series.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #20
deguerre

Quote:
Yep. True, and your cooker is an absolute beauty. Wish that company would make a similar item though. Seems like a great option for a do it yourself.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #21
scayne62
Full Fledged Farker

These grills are made 20 minutes from me just outside Paxton IL, I drove by their shop daily when I worked at my last job, they have an old firetruck they have converted the house and pump area into a mobile pit, it is really badass. President Obama just bought one for some Prime Minister last year as a gift, it was all over the news around here. I have not personally stopped by their because it does not seem to be a store front, just a shop, there are 2 guys that build them, Father and Son I think. I am sure they would not throw a fit if I stopped by but I changed jobs and do not get that way during the week very often if at all.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #22
SPRfree
Take a breath!

Quote:

Correct you are...I was looking at the 1000...but can't help thinking the other stuff was cool too
SPRfree is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #23
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:

AZ BBQ grills built the box and grate for my Santa Maria. Picked it up in Tucson. Yes, quality made, good guys. Take the legs off of the small Santa Maria and you have a box.

I ordered just the box, grate and pulley assembly. I made my own frame, cart, removable grate, Caja China cover, etc. Added a side burner, rotisserie and chili roaster.
SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
SPRfree
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scayne62 View Post
These grills are made 20 minutes from me just outside Paxton IL, I drove by their shop daily when I worked at my last job, they have an old firetruck they have converted the house and pump area into a mobile pit, it is really badass. President Obama just bought one for some Prime Minister last year as a gift, it was all over the news around here. I have not personally stopped by their because it does not seem to be a store front, just a shop, there are 2 guys that build them, Father and Son I think. I am sure they would not throw a fit if I stopped by but I changed jobs and do not get that way during the week very often if at all.

Thanks... I know they are family owned & obliviously built in the USA. The quality seems to be there but I think they loss out on price.
SPRfree is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #25
clweed
On the road to being a farker

I just recieved my Braten Campfire Argentine. The build quality is excellent.

I am going to build a pit with a recess for the grill to sit in. First I need to figure out where to put it, under the patio or out in the open.

I also need to figure out how deep to make the recess, the top of the grate is 8" above the floor as it sits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (76.0 KB, 102 views)
clweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #26
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clweed View Post
I just recieved my Braten Campfire Argentine. The build quality is excellent.

I am going to build a pit with a recess for the grill to sit in. First I need to figure out where to put it, under the patio or out in the open.

I also need to figure out how deep to make the recess, the top of the grate is 8" above the floor as it sits.
Is the floor concrete & how high is the ceiling?

Old 08-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #27
clweed
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfisk View Post
Is the floor concrete & how high is the ceiling?
Yes the floor is concrete with a ceiling height of 8'-4", I have been cooking under it with a BGE with out any problems. With the Argentine grate I am hoping the flare ups will be minimal, but this is my first Santa Maria style grill.
clweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #28
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

At least the way I use mine, I run a pretty good campfire then cook over the coals, but my fires would not work in an 8' ceiling. So I think I would plan on setting it up just outside the roofline by at least a few feet. I would lay out a couple layers of firebrick for a base, then a 2-3 rings of landscape bricks so the grate is roughly level with the top when it is all the way down. Good luck, let us see the outcome?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clweed View Post
Yes the floor is concrete with a ceiling height of 8'-4", I have been cooking under it with a BGE with out any problems. With the Argentine grate I am hoping the flare ups will be minimal, but this is my first Santa Maria style grill.