Royal Potato dish question

Lion Bout The Q

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I read the rules and I can't tell. Are sweet potatos legal? I see where its sponsored by a potato salad company this year.

I was confused by this too, so I shot off an email to the Royal foks.

Although the answer wasn't that clear, it would appear that the Reeser's Potato Salad competition will be replacing the Potato Side Dish competition that has been held in prior years.

So if you mark the box for Potato side dish on the entry form, you are effectively signing up for the Potato Salad contest.

At least that's how I interpreted the response.

Steve

I was confused by this too, so I shot off an email to the Royal foks.

Although the answer wasn't that clear, it would appear that the Reeser's Potato Salad competition will be replacing the Potato Side Dish competition that has been held in prior years.

So if you mark the box for Potato side dish on the entry form, you are effectively signing up for the Potato Salad contest.

At least that's how I interpreted the response.

Steve
Thanks for the info...Thats too bad they are replacing the potato catagory insted of just adding another. They could have made that clearer on the form too..

The good news is that they reserve the right to use photos of your entry on Facebook, their corp Website, and anyplace else they want.

Oh, they get your recipe, too... as their own intellectual property.

Top 3 winners at each event must submit recipe to event. Recipes become property of Reser's Fine Foods®.

Oh, they get your recipe, too... as their own intellectual property.

Top 3 winners at each event must submit recipe to event. Recipes become property of Reser's Fine Foods®.

Had the winning entry until I read his:heh::shock:

I give out the recipe, Ill likely get hurt:tape: Besides, the fact I have to give up anything to them bothers me

Recipe

Open Reser's container.
Plop in styrofoam container. (Leave form of original container for effect.)
Give to judges.
Collect check.

Optional: Sprig of parsley in center.

I figured that nobody else was lining up to give me $700 for a staggeringly simple potato salad recipe, so it's all good.
shiner.gif

Recipe

Open Reser's container.
Plop in styrofoam container. (Leave form of original container for effect.)
Give to judges.
Collect check.

Optional: Sprig of parsley in center.

Good thing that pesky sculpting rule seems to have been forgotten;)

I participated in one of the Resers events eralier this year. It was my first side event and really didnt know what to expect. Needless to say, it didnt go very well. I never found much guidance as to how presentation should look so I just put it in a nice bowl, much the way I would at home. Not a good idea. :doh:

I read the rules and I can't tell. Are sweet potatos legal? I see where its sponsored by a potato salad company this year.

I read on their "tips" that don't be afraid to use different variety of potatoes. Sounds like a sweet potato is a potato to me.

Bunny

I read on their "tips" that don't be afraid to use different variety of potatoes. Sounds like a sweet potato is a potato to me.

Bunny
Thanks Bunny... of course I wasn't thinking potato salad when I was asking this...had some ideas for the regular potato turn in:shocked:.. oh well

Back