• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Books

R

Rhapsody

Anyone know of the best new BBQ books this holiday season? I remember a few years back, the market was flooded by stuff like Peace, Love and BBQ, Dr. BBQ , Paul Kirk and Raichlen. Any new stuff out there?

one of the best out there has been for a while is called "mastering Barbecue" by Mike Stines. good stuff.

And of course, you can take a look at mine as well - "Everybody Grills" :rolleyes:

Ray's NFL tailgate book is a winner. There is a reason he does the Mac 'N Cheese soup at appearances. It's excellent. His Italian Beef recipe that he shared here is a winner as well.

My Mom always believed that if you got one recipe out of a book that was a keeper it was worth the price. Ray's book is a bargain.

Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue by John Shelton Reed was just released the end of October. Great read on history and culture of North Carolina Q along with the joints and the people that made it famous. Some good recipes as well. Kind of a North Carolina version of Peace, Love, and BBQ.

Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue by John Shelton Reed was just released the end of October. Great read on history and culture of North Carolina Q along with the joints and the people that made it famous. Some good recipes as well. Kind of a North Carolina version of Peace, Love, and BBQ.

I'm going to second this opinion. Excellent book.

So is Savage Barbeque, but it is more about the sociological and cultural history and impact of bbq.

Eric

Back