MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Smokin' D
is One Chatty Farker

Default Meaty, Beaty, Big and Bouncy were BAD!!!

Had some beautiful looking Dino Ribs in the freezer and today was the day to cook them. They thawed in the fridge for a few days and I made up a pastrami style wet rub for them this morning that smelled great. Took the ribs out of the fridge and there was a slight bit of greenish liquid in there. That can't be good. Opened the pack and was not knocked over by the smell so rinsed them off and waited a few. Still not a good smell and I could not get any beef smell from them when sniffing up close. Wrapped them up and out they went. $56 in the trash.

Told my wife "I'm off to McKinnon's for some replacements" she goes "Is that the store I like with all the good stuff?" Yep, so we are both going on the trip. Hopefully they have something comparable but fresh!
Smokin' D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
J-Rod
is One Chatty Farker

Greenish?! Yeah that's not good, I don't think I would've even attempted to give a second sniff after being punched in the face the first time by the smell! Bummer man, throwing out food sucks, esp. when it's meat.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Too bad. Green meat=

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Crazy Harry
is Blowin Smoke!

grill it up for the dogs.

[URL]http://www.teddybearcreations-wa.com[/URL]
Note to mods: is the back link ok?
When all else fails ......
Crazy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
Q Junkie
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' D View Post
Had some beautiful looking Dino Ribs in the freezer and today was the day to cook them. They thawed in the fridge for a few days and I made up a pastrami style wet rub for them this morning that smelled great. Took the ribs out of the fridge and there was a slight bit of greenish liquid in there. That can't be good. Opened the pack and was not knocked over by the smell so rinsed them off and waited a few. Still not a good smell and I could not get any beef smell from them when sniffing up close. Wrapped them up and out they went. $56 in the trash.

Told my wife "I'm off to McKinnon's for some replacements" she goes "Is that the store I like with all the good stuff?" Yep, so we are both going on the trip. Hopefully they have something comparable but fresh!
I don't know, green sounds about right for Dino Ribs
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Dino.jpeg (3.2 KB, 95 views)
Q Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
canis latrans
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

"got a feelin' inside...."
canis latrans is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Sorry to hear that. But meat is cheaper than a trip to the ER, so you did the right thing.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote