Fil-ABT's and a Biggie Smalls Shooter

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
I made this for the "Hors d'ouerves and Cocktails" Throwdown.

The drink is a 4 ounce Cocktail Shooter made by adding a Maraschino Cherry to the glass and then filling to the 1/2oz line with Grenadine, then filled to the 2oz line with Black Raspberry Schnapps, and then topped with Southern Comfort.

Since this is a new creation, I decided to name it after a mix of my "screen name" while also acknowledging the drinks "small" size because it is a "shot", albeit a rather "large" shot at that. Thus I have named the drink the "Biggie Smalls Shooter".
gangster-452.gif

r_IMG_0997.jpg

r_IMG_0998.jpg

r_IMG_0999.jpg

For the appetizer, I made Fil-ABT's.:becky: I got the idea for the name from Chick-Fil-A!:becky:

They are Mini Sweet Pepper Boats filled with a blend of crumbled Gorgonola and Cream Cheese with minced Garlic, minced Onion and fresh cracked Black Pepper. The Pepper Boat is then wrapped in Bacon and grilled indirect until the bacon is crisp. I also grilled up a 1-1/2 inch thick Tenderloin Steak. When all these were done I took slices of the Tenderloin Steak and wrapped them over the ABT and drizzled with Balsamic Glaze. Thus the name Fil-ABT!:becky:
r_IMG_0991.jpg

r_IMG_0993.jpg

r_IMG_0995.jpg

r_IMG_1000.jpg

r_IMG_1001.jpg

r_IMG_1002.jpg

Thanks for looking.

They were real damn good actually!:hungry: I ate them all:redface: I may need to go on a diet after that considering I know how much went into all of them.

This is definitely going to be a regular option when doing steaks and ABT's from now on. This just makes the variations on ABT's even bigger really.

someone is trying to change his status from zero on the throwdowns. That looks awesome:clap2:

That does look beautiful! I don't think I could drink that though, I would be laying on the floor with my face eating the food v. my mouth. (I haven't drank in about 5 years, I don't think I could handle 1/2 of that bad boy) :shocked:

Great job though! Looks like a winner to me!

Holy crap! That looks incredible. You done real good chris real good. I need to try making abt's with those little peppers they look awesome!

Can you please stop creating such tasty confections. Every time I read your food threads I end up running out and buying rib eye to grill (one of the few things I'm good at cooking). You're costing me a lot of money.

Back