Welcome! Grab a cup an look around!

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee!

Think of this as the Brethren's own coffee shop :tea: Whether you are looking for fresh roasted, whole bean coffee, information about brewing coffee or making espresso, or want to learn more about coffee and coffee related topics, this is the place!

As I get this rolling you'll see a a few different types of threads posted.

Coffee Offering - When you see a coffee offering thread this is your opportunity to order Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee to enjoy at home. Many Brethren have enjoyed Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee that they received as gifts through a rub and sauce trade or at a Brethren bash and others have purchased Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee at a BBQ Competition. Those folks and many others have asked if they can buy Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee throughout the year. Well, this is your chance. Look for details to be available shortly.

Coffee Equipment - As time allows I will review selected pieces of coffee equipment that I use at home and on the road. In some cases I will make this equipment available to the Brethren if there is enough interest.

Coffee Education - I'm looking forward to sharing the knowledge that I have gathered about coffee, coffee preparation and coffee equipment with the Brethren. I've learned so much about BBQ and outdoor cooking from all of you so this is my chance to give something back.

Cooking with Coffee - I don't use coffee in everything I cook (contrary to what some folks think :-D), but I do use it in sauces, rubs, and other dishes. Occasionally I will post recipes that include Roastin' Ronnie's Coffee. I encourage you to share your recipes as well. Feel free to include a picture of the dish, but please use Q-Talk to post the details of the cook.

Finally, I'd like to keep this forum on topic. Witty repartee and humor are welcome, but please resist the urge to hijack a thread. I know this is difficult (I'm guilty of this myself), but please try. Please don't be offended if humorous posts or potential hijacks are deleted in order to maintain thread continuity.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope that you'll become a regular!

I'm so excited!:becky: I always wanted to try some Roastin' Ronnie's coffee, and now I can!:cool:

Ooo, this ought to be interesting. Being somewhat addicted to the elixir of life myself it's always interesting to see how the other caffeine addicts live. Looking forward to future posts here... :thumb:

My Keurig is all warmed up and ready to go. Got my favorite Newman's own. I like strong coffee

What ever the shipping is to Canada I'll pay it! :thumb:

Your Red Sea blend was the best coffee I have had since my last Panamanian haul.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

Let me check into shipping into Canada. I know that shipping into Europe is a pain with customs forms, etc. I'm not sure what is require for Canada.

i'd be interested although not an addict...oh wait...everyday.... 3-5 cups.... that's not an addiction.... none after lunch...unless it's still cold......then maybe a few more....but the equipment side of things i am lacking... i'd love a keurig, and the my Kcup would get purchased same time as the keurig, so i can enjoy "REAL" fresh coffee.. bring it on ronelle!!!

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this!

Do you ever do any roasts like the Kona/Hawaiian style coffees?

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this!

Do you ever do any roasts like the Kona/Hawaiian style coffees?

Yes, but those would be at a higher price, of course. I'm waiting for cupping results on a new Kona right now. If it looks good I'll put out a feeler to see how much interest there is. Stay tuned :)

Woohoo, I can buy Roastin' Ronnies now, coffee snobs rejoice.

I love coffee. Great idea.

And I agree on the Kona coffee's.
We mix 50/50 hazelnut/vanilla and that makes a most delicious cup of java.

Loved the blend you sent me some years back. Wasn't terribly fond of the Kenya AA I won at the Operation BBQ fundraiser. So I'll be on the lookout for your blends. Also, I have several questions about the brewing. Shall we post them in the form of a new thread in your forum, or directly to you via PM?

Loved the blend you sent me some years back. Wasn't terribly fond of the Kenya AA I won at the Operation BBQ fundraiser. So I'll be on the lookout for your blends. Also, I have several questions about the brewing. Shall we post them in the form of a new thread in your forum, or directly to you via PM?

Thanks, Shane.

Please ask in a new thread. I'm planning on some information thread on brewing, but until i get those typed up ask away! i can consolidate things later.

I have a nice kenya that I just received. I may have a chance to roast it this weekend, depending on weather.

Thanks Ron Loved what you sent to me Looking forward to this and to learn more about coffee

Thanks Ron! Although I'm not the coffee expert or afficianado that you are, I know what I like and like to try new things. I brew my own beer occasionally and appreciate the work and effort you are putting into this. I'm particularly interested in the hardware for now as my Mr. Coffee has bit the dust. Not sure that I want a Keurig but maybe just a good brewer and grinder. Looking forward to this forum, thanks again!

Back