Saturday Cook...pics

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
The day started great with my Weber score, so everything else was easy peasy! Well almost...
Did a pork butt, took about 9 hours, new basket and couldn't get my temps down below 240*, Not sure why...did some really good chicken thighs, brine/injected, wild willy rub,(homemade) and glazed, used the Southern Succor rub, and Chris Lillys injection for the butt, w/ splash of balsamic vinegar. Smoked some local made sweet sausage...the almost part was SPAM pig candy, it was alright...Spam is big here in Hawaii, but not like that, I think I put too much sugar. Everything was great, daughter scored 2 goals in her game, took out couple of the other girls!:twisted:
Whoa, the pictures came out huge! :icon_blush: I need to read JD's thread again, or PM Bentley! LOL! Hope you enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1013.jpg
    IMG_1013.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 174
Glad you decided to keep the Weber! Everything looks very nice Roy!

Brian

Looks real good from here and that spam has some potential, I bet I ain't had no spam in 20 yrs.

Man Just got someCheddar Cheese crackers out of vending machine and i had to look at that. Wish I had some.

Roy, that all looks great! What is your thoughts on that brine/injection? Does it have potential? How did you like the end result on the chicken? Was it juicy enough?

Hmmm...looks like them SPAMs swell up and turn into sausages.

Great pics. Get's me a little down on the weekends I don't get to cook. That's what makes this forum so great. Somebody's cooking and sharing. Thanks

Spam candy!!! Isn't Spam the local sausage maker in Hawaii?

Gives me an idea, I'm gonna candy some spam and roll it into a musubi.

Great pics Roy! I specially dig the butt pic.....NIIIICE!

Lookin, Good Bro! I think the pics look great! If you use Photobucket you can reduce the sizes pretty easily. I forgot how popular Spam was in Hawaii. :lol: I lived on Oahu for about 7 years...some of my best memories are of the BBQ's and the people! Ya gotta live Aloha! :p

JD

The brown sugar does look a little heavy, or the temps weren't high enough.
All else looks good.

Man Roy that stuff looks good is that brown sugar on the corn?

Jeeze Keale,
I don't think I've seen anybody go from 0 60 as fast as you have. It seem like just a couple months ago you were startin out axin questions and lookin to build a barrel. And now your throwin pics of first class grub up every few days!!
Way to go buddy, way to go....
ModelMaker

Looks great and I bet it tasted even better.

Of course, even Spam tastes better in paradise! :roll:

Jeeze Keale,
I don't think I've seen anybody go from 0 60 as fast as you have. It seem like just a couple months ago you were startin out axin questions and lookin to build a barrel. And now your throwin pics of first class grub up every few days!!
Way to go buddy, way to go....
ModelMaker

Thanks ed!
Thanks guys for the great comments... yeah I remember those days! Ha! LOL! (I still don't know how to get the lid off a drum!)
The corn was made with Mayo, parmesian cheese and chili powder! Good Stuff!..Paula Deen style!)

The brown sugar does look a little heavy, or the temps weren't high enough.
All else looks good.
Definetly too much sugar, and I think the temp may have been low, 240* at the highest...wasn't crunchy...

Haven't use the free weber yet, I'm waiting for lessons from smokingator and swampbr! LOL!
Thanks again guys!

Going to get some leftovers soon!

Roy

Great lookin' grub Keale...It sounds like you picked up Smoke & Spice as well.

Roy posted: "Spam is big here in Hawaii."

Yeah, Spam is popular throughout the Pacific Islands. My daughter, born in Micronesia, prefers it to ham.

Anyway, she just moved to Hilo.

Nice lookin' spread man!!!:biggrin:

Back