MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #16
samfsu
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromthePitBBQ View Post
I wouldn't. You'd be flirting with the temp danger zone too long. Although an electric roaster oven, which I use occasionally, will work and its portable. You can get one on Amazon for $48 that'll hold 4 shoulders and it'll get you to temp quickly.
That is what i figured, thanks for your post. :)

Old 06-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #17
ddweatherholtz
Full Fledged Farker

My brother just did one. He smoked it to 175, then cooled it down to 40 in his freezer then put in fridge. Next day of party he put it in his crock pot in morning and by after noon it was perfect.
Weber Smokey Joe
Maverik ET732
ddweatherholtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #18
Bigrolltide1877
On the road to being a farker

What we usual do is we save some of the juices left over from then pan/foil and we stick it in a slow cooker. It taste like if you just took it off of the smoker. We sorta do what ddweatherholtz brother does.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I always save the juices since the butts get wrapped in foil. When the butts are done, I pull them and add a bunch of the juice which the pulled meat soaks in, then put it in a gallon or 2.5 gallon bag and into the fridge. Adding the juice when pulling I think adds lots of flavor and moisture when reheating. Then you don't have to add sauce to it and can serve on the side.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
Fishin4bass723
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe
Thumbs up

Well with all your advice It turned out Awesome. I decided to start the cook about 1 pm so it would be done around 10:30 -11pm. With about 2 hrs left I put on a Fatty, since none of my family had even heard of it, let alone tasted one. Then at 10:30 I pulled off the butts and I wrapped it in foil and towels then put them in a cooler. About 10 min later the Fatty hit the magic 165* so wrapped it in foil and put it in the cooler with the butts. The next morning at about 11:30am, I was surprised that they were still warm. As was shredding it up it had about 3/4" smoke ring (sorry no pics) When I served it I served it with the sauce on the side so everyone could tast the meat. All day and into the night i kept getting raves, so I must have hit the mark with this one.

I want to thank all of the Brethren that offered advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130622_221241.jpg (41.2 KB, 120 views)

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #21
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Congratulations.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote