Who has tried a Pellet Pooper and Not Liked it. ?

Top ten reasons to hate pellet poopers...

Needs power.
Have to make room for another stack of fuel.
Cost of fuel.
Needs a thorough cleaning every few cooks.
The number of failure points.
Shouldn't be used in direct rain.
More likely to be stored inside a garage or shed, which requires a cool down period.
Lighter smoke without accessories.
Boring.
Forfeit man card.

Ok, so last 2 or 3 were fillers.
What he said.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanksgiving morning. Prime rib rubbed, ready to go in traeger, plug it in turn it on and breaker blows , can’t start it. Diagnosis, detent rod went out. In to oven.

#2 Birthday party meat seasoned, start pellet grill auger won’t turn. It is bound up tight using treager brand pellets. Have to empty hopper, take assembly apart, (lay on ground) got it working
#3. Party, fire grill up auger jam, sheets bolt on motor. Same process as above.
#4 attempt to cook dinner. Auger jam. Treager left on side of house left to rust away.

Temps never exceeded 350 even on highest setting. I think it cooked food good but no smoke flavor for me.

My unit was an American made version, stored in my garage never in rain, pellets were their brand.

proof of death - on the curb...ready for pickup

T3ijv2nl.jpg

2VhLh1xl.jpg

Smitty could have fixed it...…..

Happy with my YS-480 Yoder although regret not getting the 640 and loosing power is so rare here that’s not a concern.

I’ve had a yoder and currently have a Memphis and Davy Crockett.

Hated the rusting on the yoder and thought the controller could be better. Cooker worked well though.

The Memphis is a much more refined cooker. No corners were cut in the manufacturing of it. I do wish it was a little deeper front to back.

The Davy Crockett is for the camper as mobile pellet coolers are few and far between. The legs suck and it’s loud and crude, but produces some good food.

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1. Cost of fuel, but hardly any waste.

Workaround-Living in Canada means Lumber, and that gives me access to lots of folks making good hardwood pellets for real cheap. The mix is almost always close to manufacturers competition blends, Maple, Oak, Cherry.

2. My Yoder does not have connectivity so paranoia when away is great.

Workaround-Prayer

3. Weather...all of it.

Workaround-I am buying a farking winter coat for my smoker. And buiding a shelter of some kind as well. Probably get a battery backup as well, I hear car booster units work for cheap.

4. Maintenance and cleaning-Umm yep

Workaround-Forces me to keep it somewhat pretty? I got nothing, just live with it.

Only complaint I HAD.. light smoke profile. Fixed that with the amzen tube.

But is smoldering pellets really a GOOD flavor? Its more of a white smoke. I guess it's better then nothing. Like when you have the choice of the fat chick or no chick.

I started with a GOSM propane smoker. I liked it. It was a good learner. I wanted something else so I built a Weber mini. Love that thing but can’t do brisket. Built my friend a 24” stainless steal UDS out of a old A&W root beer keg. That thing rocks. I then built me a heavy duty 20”X40” stick burner and love it. Took a vacation with my in laws and my brother in law brings his Traeger. I busted his balls about it being a lazy mans “smoker.” He wanted me to cook a brisket on it so I said ok I’ll give it a shot. I gotta say I didn’t hate it. The brisket came out great. If I had a extra $500 burning a hole in my pocket, I “might” buy one. Here’s the brisket I cooked on it.

46e495ae4862d1d1a3554f7f88715b79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'd chip in here but your posts anywhere else would be considered trolling and bordering on insulting . fish or cut bait dude .

seriousely . you want to see my man card pm me and i'll give you my adress .

i'd chip in here but your posts anywhere else would be considered trolling and bordering on insulting . fish or cut bait dude .

I “think” he’s actually wanting a pellet smoker but also likes to bust balls about them. It’s all in good fun.

I'd chip in here but your posts anywhere else would be considered trolling and bordering on insulting . fish or cut bait dude .

seriously . you want to see my man card pm me and I'll give you my address .

:shock: .......:sad: This Done Hurt my Feeling........:drama:..............
NAH........He must've meant Rockinar......

Besides I Fish AND Cut Bait in the Winter..........................:heh:

Last edited:

Apparently his sense of humor is flying far above ya...
Relax, he's just farkin around...some of us do that.

Remember ya don't have to read the thread or his posts if ya don't wish to...
Have a great evening!

-D

Back